Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

I love the “who you gonna get to replace her” crowd as if replacing a slightly above average coach is hard to do lol and that’s being generous. I have no doubt she is a very nice person and is doing the best she can but it’s year 5 and they aren’t improving. Next year is looking pretty bleak as well but I think she will get at least one more year
Underrated post of reality.
She wouldn’t have gotten the job if she wasn’t a LV.
She wouldn’t run your company if this was the results after 5 years.

She’d be a nice fit for Tennessee Tech type school. Where she could ride out her time with no expectations.

Last edited:
Yes, and...? He's making multi-millions up there in KY, he's got plenty of resources. Why would this environment be such a game-changer for him?
And at a place where it's been said pubically several times that he is "not moral" enough to coach at. Ole Jeff would have to swallow a ton of pride to ever coach here. I know it will never happen, but I wish we'd lose the Walz as Gruden crap, it's so old and over.

I love the “who you gonna get to replace her” crowd as if replacing a slightly above average coach is hard to do lol and that’s being generous. I have no doubt she is a very nice person and is doing the best she can but it’s year 5 and they aren’t improving. Next year is looking pretty bleak as well but I think she will get at least one more year
Right. Because poor lil' Tennessee just has no appeal to a women's basketball coach. If only the program offered a coach some resources and tradition to sell. Or, you know, the 2nd most National Titles of all-time and more support than any program in America.

The chicken littles around this program are its absolute worst quality. No one thinks less of Tennessee than Tennessee fans.

He hasn't won a single championship in any of his years at Louisville, why would that change upon reaching Tennessee? I'm really not understanding the Walz arguments at all.
Finals appearance, E8 or F4 appearances? ACC Championship not count? How about regular season champion? Does he have to get 5 regular season championships before they all count?

Finals appearance, E8 or F4 appearances? ACC Championship not count? How about regular season champion? Does he have to get 5 regular season championships before they all count?
The man is certainly accomplished, but "he'd win a championship within 3 years at Tennessee" is a really bold and unsupportable claim to make, imo.

He hasn't won a single championship in any of his years at Louisville, why would that change upon reaching Tennessee? I'm really not understanding the Walz arguments at all.
Going to him would be my reason to find something else to do than watch Tennessee Lady Vol basketball. I despise the guy and hope the powers that be never bring him here. The way he curses at players during a game is just unacceptable.

I am still waiting on somebody to explain the recruiting process that Walz used to lose Cambridge as a recruit to Louisville. I know she was a lock to go to Walz and Louisville. She was promised a NIL contract that OSU did not match and I am sure her older sister had a slot to join her from KY. The next explanation I need is how Walz lost Van Lith to LSU. If he is the Golden Boy for TN Basketball we all need to know how this happened.

I am still waiting on somebody to explain the recruiting process that Walz used to lose Cambridge as a recruit to Louisville. I know she was a lock to go to Walz and Louisville. She was promised a NIL contract that OSU did not match and I am sure her older sister had a slot to join her from KY. The next explanation I need is how Walz lost Van Lith to LSU. If he is the Golden Boy for TN Basketball we all need to know how this happened.
How do you know it wasn’t matched by? Talking of losing prospects and former players to bigger schools with bigger collectives.

You do know you’re not going to get any of those explanations here?? That’s why you’re still waiting. Maybe go ask on a Louisville board……..

to thimk of it that will be at least 6 years of kellie after 7 years of holly that is not putting best foot forward

Reactions: tbwhhs
This is TENNESSEE not Louisville
and WE at TENNESSEE have not been to a Final Four in 16 years...... we are living off the legacy of Pat Big 10 programs like Ohio State Indiana and Iowa are leaving us in the dust SEC programs are not in awe of us Alabama has been whoopin us for 10 years Other than the banners the legacy and history what do we have to celebrate the cvurrent state of our program? and it has been like this for quite a while

and WE at TENNESSEE have not been to a Final Four in 16 years...... we are living off the legacy of Pat Big 10 programs like Ohio State Indiana and Iowa are leaving us in the dust SEC programs are not in awe of us Alabama has been whoopin us for 10 years Other than the banners the legacy and history what do we have to celebrate the cvurrent state of our program? and it has been like this for quite a while
No **** that’s why we need new blood and not former players

Reactions: volmanNC and Ratvol
Underrated post of reality.
She wouldn’t have gotten the job if she wasn’t a LV.
She wouldn’t run your company if this was the results after 5 years.

She’d be a nice fit for Tennessee Tech type school. Where she could ride out her time with no expectations.
Boom 💥

Reactions: Ratvol
Yes, and...? He's making multi-millions up there in KY, he's got plenty of resources. Why would this environment be such a game-changer for him?
Hire him and we will see if he’s wanted this job before be a game changer for him to show he deserves it and I’m not saying that it has to be him it could be other coaches just can’t compare them to Pat

You do know you’re not going to get any of those explanations here?? That’s why you’re still waiting. Maybe go ask on a Louisville board……..
Since Walz is supposedly the Golden Boy for TN Lady Vol BB I want somebody to explain it to me like I am 5. I think Majors alluded to losing players to bigger collectives and schools. So both LSU who got Van Lith and Ohio St who got Cambridge are bigger than Louisville? Since Louisville is more successful than UT their collective is bigger than UT Perhaps if Walz is here and uses UT's collective he could keep a Van Lith and sign Cambrtidge and her sister? Now Holly could sign a Key, and Horston and Kelly could keep them. Kelly could find and bring in Powell and Jackson and others. What makes Walz so special and a priority for TN? Explain that like I was 5 please.

Since Walz is supposedly the Golden Boy for TN Lady Vol BB I want somebody to explain it to me like I am 5. I think Majors alluded to losing players to bigger collectives and schools. So both LSU who got Van Lith and Ohio St who got Cambridge are bigger than Louisville? Since Louisville is more successful than UT their collective is bigger than UT Perhaps if Walz is here and uses UT's collective he could keep a Van Lith and sign Cambrtidge and her sister? Now Holly could sign a Key, and Horston and Kelly could keep them. Kelly could find and bring in Powell and Jackson and others. What makes Walz so special and a priority for TN? Explain that like I was 5 please.
Well here's where we miss Darth . . .

Ya'll can relax. I think two things are absolutely guaranteed if we change coaches - it will not be Jeff Walz and it will not be a former LV.
That’s fine I’m not a Waltz Homer I want who we can get that widget us back in top 5 every year win championship ever few years and that may be asking for a lot. Got to look forward because the game has changed

Reactions: Ratvol
Some have called it hyperbole, but here's where the current team stands now about a third of the way through the season:

Field Goal Percentage: .398 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest .408 in 2015-16)

Free Throw Percentage: .589 WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (next lowest is .627 in 1985-86)

Three Point Percentage: .278 THIRD WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (two worst were .231 in 1988-89, .254 in 2015-16)

Points Per Game: 66.9 SECOND WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (worst was 65.6 in 2015-16)

Assists Per Game: 12.9 TIED FOR WORST IN SCHOOL HISTORY (the 1992-93 team actually finished with 12.91)
The saddest part of this situation is the tarnishing of the Pat Summit legacy. Demolishing Pat’s legacy and all she did to put this program at the highest level hurts more than anything. Pat is women's basketball she is the one who put it on the map. Something needs to be done to preserve Pat’s legacy and to put this program back on the level it deserves.

Reactions: mcannon1
The saddest part of this situation is the tarnishing of the Pat Summit legacy. Demolishing Pat’s legacy and all she did to put this program at the highest level hurts more than anything. Pat is women's basketball she is the one who put it on the map. Something needs to be done to preserve Pat’s legacy and to put this program back on the level it deserves.
In all due respect, Pat's legacy can't be tarnished for many reasons, including that it extends beyond the game of basketball.

Currently, the LVs basketball program needs to establish its own legacy in its post-Pat era. Holly ran with the maintaining the legacy idea and that approach worked reasonably well while Pat's connection to the program was still there with the current players. The legacy approach began to lose effectiveness after 3 years.

We fossilized fans have to remember that our relationship to Pat's legacy is completely different from an 18 year-old kid who has grown in a WCBB landscape where Tennessee has been a consistent afterthought. We are now at the point where current high school recruits were toddlers or infants when the LVs won their last NC.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back