Kiffin to Florida?

Will Kiffin be FL's next coach?

• Total voters
I think it makes sense. If he gets Ole Miss the playoffs, and he should, that is the ceiling there. You can win titles at Florida.

But there's a lot to be said for being paid $10M a year and not getting fired if you only win 6 or 7 games one year.

Kiffin would love to have a big time SEC job. Just don‘t see Kiff getting interviewed for the UF job. Ole Miss is his destiny although Lane will float his name out for major openings. He will always be envious of Georgia , Bama, Texas,LSU. A&M, Vols, Oklahoma, Auburn and Florida with their world class facilities and resources.

I’d guess that either Rhett Lashlee or Jamey Chadwell will be the next UF coach. I’m sure Kiffin would be interested if UF had their sh*t together, but with an interim president, an AD on shaky ground, and an NIL that seems like a mess, I doubt he’d touch it.
Powerful points.
UF's NIL is just not in the big leagues ATM.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I’d guess that either Rhett Lashlee or Jamey Chadwell will be the next UF coach. I’m sure Kiffin would be interested if UF had their sh*t together, but with an interim president, an AD on shaky ground, and an NIL that seems like a mess, I doubt he’d touch it.
Quality post. UF’s leadership hasn’t been this unstable since the 1970s.

UF will get Kiffin a nice raise.

Not right now or isn't. Ole Miss is a possible playoff team right now. Florida is a dumpster fire. If he wants a "Blue Blood" he should wait for FSU to open up.
Yep, he should wait it out for FSU.. I could definitely see him being a great match there.. he’s smarmy enough for Florida, but I just don’t see it

It wouldn’t shock me but right now I doubt it. Kiffin was blindsided by USC sanctions and lack of stability in the administration. Right now, Florida has no stability anywhere in the program. Not to mention the expectations there are on another level and the program needs a major overhaul.

But it is Kiffin, so I wouldn’t be shocked if he did, but right now I think he would stay put. You don’t ever want to be hired by a bunch of interims or guys on their way out the door.

Yep, he should wait it out for FSU.. I could definitely see him being a great match there.. he’s smarmy enough for Florida, but I just don’t see it

He should wait it out for OSU if he really thinks he’s going to get an upgrade. Ryan Day can’t game plan and he’s going to leave someone with a fat NIL and top notch talent.

Honestly, it'll be just as easy to win at Ole Miss without the divisions now. At least OM doesn't have to schedule FSU every year. And as bad as FSU is this year, they are likely still better than UF.

The only thing UF brings to the table is being in a recruiting hot bed. But honestly, I don't think that's as much of an andvantage as it was 20 years ago.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Kiffin is making $9M at Ole Miss. He's raiding the portal like a weasel in a henhouse and "recruiting Florida" these days is done via flying in with a moneybag and flying back out.

There's nothing UF can give him Ole Miss can't give him. Nothing. He can make his reputation at Ole Miss and not face Urban and Spurrier comparisons while trying to rebuild from ashes.

Florida isn't an attractive job. Recall the NIL debacle. They aren't making a smooth transition to the new era. Like Clemson, they're quickly becoming irrelevant.

VN Store

Back