Kiffin to Florida?

Will Kiffin be FL's next coach?

• Total voters
Seems like the energy behind this thread is desire by Vols fans that Kiffin not end up at UF.

I'd be curious to know whether the powers that be have discussed this with Team Lagway in stay or go scenarios.

Read a good article about how Kiffin’s daughter is at OM and living with her Dad. When the Auburn job came up she challenged him…”I moved here to be with you and your leaving again?”

Okay Dads out there…what would you not do for your daughter?

Seems like the energy behind this thread is desire by Vols fans that Kiffin not end up at UF.

I'd be curious to know whether the powers that be have discussed this with Team Lagway in stay or go scenarios.
Frankly I think Napier deserved five more seasons. He can turn this program around!

What's the point of firing him this early though?

Not like a sitting coach can come out in mid September and say he is going to Florida next season. Back channel everything and for that doesn't really matter if Sunbelt Billy is still in place or not.

Let SBB take the beatings from Georgia (and hopefully TN) then let him go.

Not like a sitting coach can come out in mid September and say he is going to Florida next season. Back channel everything and for that doesn't really matter if Sunbelt Billy is still in place or not.

I‘m just the messenger.

Don't let it get worse. Reassure Lagway change is coming that will show off his ability. Create excitement that we are moving forward. Use an interim for the moment.

Lots of reasons.

Don't let it get worse. Reassure Lagway change is coming that will show off his ability. Create excitement that we are moving forward. Use an interim for the moment.

Lots of reasons.
The most important piece is recruiting. There are plenty of quality high schools in FL that won't talk to UF if Billy remains.

Lots of reasons.

Yeah, but those are the reasons to let someone go late in the season.

The season has gone pretty much like everyone thought it would-so far.

Canning him after 3 games just means that the admin had no confidence in him before the season even started, etc, etc

Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows SBB is gone-sooner rather than later. If that hasn't computed into DJs head already, do you really want him under center?

Like I said, beginning a public search in September is pointless unless UF intends on hiring Urban again or Belichek.

RE:HS coaches not talking to SBB, once again this seems to be an organizational issue. If this is indeed the case, then why did the Florida admin even allow SBB to come back in the first place?

For recruiting and boosters. Stagnation results from uncertainty. Intrigue from flight tracking and rumored candidates is a virtual reality show.

Read a good article about how Kiffin’s daughter is at OM and living with her Dad. When the Auburn job came up she challenged him…”I moved here to be with you and your leaving again?”

Okay Dads out there…what would you not do for your daughter?

Agree, I said in another thread if UF wants Lane, they have to wait another year until his daughter graduates in 2026.

Timing don’t match for a Lane hiring if they fire sunbelt Billy this year…

VN Store

Back