Kiffin to Florida?

Will Kiffin be FL's next coach?

• Total voters
Taggart is no worse a coach than Norvell.
I'd agree with that. FSU may have been a little more attractive when Norvell came around. Problem is these guys have a year or two flash at places like Memphis, get a quick name and become the darling of a P5 in dire need. IMO, they are both really good coaches, but going from a place like Memphis to a place like FSU with only a rush of success at a small school is difficult. Don't have quite enough time under their belt maybe. CJH has adjusted quickly and successfully, but that's not the norm. Fuente was a big name until VT came along. Norvell will have some grace because of last year. His major issue this year was not staying away from DJ. Norvell should be a good enough offensive mind to have a good QB or two in the pantry. FSU seems to have decimated Taggarts trajectory.

or Drink from Mizzou. All would be a crap show and I'd love it
I think Drink would have more success than those 3, but less than Kiffin. If either Kiffin or Drink became coach at Florida I think it’s entirely possible that we would have a revival of the 90’s UT/UF rivalry, at least in terms of smack talk.

Florida may have to roll the dice with someone like Aranda who had a little success, had his name come up for jobs, then lost the spotlight. And I'm not saying he's a good choice but he's a "take a chance" hire like Heupel was.

They may WANT a "blue-blood" coach but why would a successful SEC coach want Florida right now? Unless they can put together some bulletproof assurances that the admin and NIL issues are settled, even someone like Drink has a more stable situation than they'd get at UF.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Florida may have to roll the dice with someone like Aranda who had a little success, had his name come up for jobs, then lost the spotlight. And I'm not saying he's a good choice but he's a "take a chance" hire like Heupel was.

They may WANT a "blue-blood" coach but why would a successful SEC coach want Florida right now? Unless they can put together some bulletproof assurances that the admin and NIL issues are settled, even someone like Drink has a more stable situation than they'd get at UF.
Yeah I’m not convinced any established coach at a P5 program will want to leave for that mess right now

Jamey Chadwell's resume is barely better than Napier's prior to being hired.
I am not afraid of Chadwell in Gainesville. He doesn't move the needle for me. As long as they don't get a real football coach like Chris Peterson or Lance Leipold, I'm good.

IDK if Kiffin would go to Gainesville right now (but he would). UF is a much better job, but Kiffin is in a high-profile (at the moment) job with lower expectations.

They'll fluff him in Oxford for seasons that get you fired in Gainesville, but Kiffin's ambition would probably make the decision for him and he goes to UF, if offered. He knows he'll never win a National Championship in Oxford. He's seen first-hand what Championship teams are made of, and ole miss is not going to field that kind of talent. He can attract that kind of roster at UF.

--edit - UF's dilemma is, if they hire the type of coach they want, they'll have to make him the highest paid coach in CFB history with a 7-8 yr guaranteed contract and a huge buyout. I figure they are good for it, but the NIL situation may be the decider for the best coaches.

Last edited:
I don't think Kiffin to UF (or any potential future high-profile job) is as much of a sure thing as people think. This isn't 20 years ago when moving from OM to UF would triple a guy's salary.

OM is good right now, and extremely good by their standards. He makes almost $9m/year. Their fans are OK with 8 and 9 win seasons, much less double-digit win seasons and being in the mix (at least) for the CFP.
Correct...Kiffin isnt walking away from the playoffs and waiting past signing day to announce a head coach would be insanity. I don't see Kiffin happening this year.

VN Store

Back