Kim Potter sentenced.

I've told my sons to avoid doing things that put one in a bad situation. Don't rob banks, don't walk through a bad part of town after midnight with a roll of $100 bills in your hand, don't drink and drive, don't beat up on women, etc, etc, etc. Instead, do things to avoid interaction with law enforcement, like keeping your tag and driver's license current, etc, etc, etc.

The reason why is because the more times one puts oneself in a bad situation, the higher the probability to eventually have a bad outcome. In the George Floyd case, ole' Saint George spent his entire life making bad decisions until finally he put himself into a situation where someone else made a bad decision: he died and the other guy is in prison.

Daunte put himself in a bad situation, an accident happened and he won a Darwin award. I do not believe Potter had any intention of using deadly force in this case; she made a horrible mistake. Highly probable he's not there if he had not made a series of bad decisions leading up to the event. Hate it. Do not for one instance believe he deserved to die. But people die all the time from making stupid decisions. Stop making stupid decisions.

I've told my sons to avoid doing things that put one in a bad situation. Don't rob banks, don't walk through a bad part of town after midnight with a roll of $100 bills in your hand, don't drink and drive, don't beat up on women, etc, etc, etc. Instead, do things to avoid interaction with law enforcement, like keeping your tag and driver's license current, etc, etc, etc.

The reason why is because the more times one puts oneself in a bad situation, the higher the probability to eventually have a bad outcome. In the George Floyd case, ole' Saint George spent his entire life making bad decisions until finally he put himself into a situation where someone else made a bad decision: he died and the other guy is in prison.

Daunte put himself in a bad situation, an accident happened and he won a Darwin award. I do not believe Potter had any intention of using deadly force in this case; she made a horrible mistake. Highly probable he's not there if he had not made a series of bad decisions leading up to the event. Hate it. Do not for one instance believe he deserved to die. But people die all the time from making stupid decisions. Stop making stupid decisions.
This times a thousand

Reasonable advice.

Re: Darwin award, he had already procreated.

Re: Darwin award, he had already procreated.

Yep, I thought about that. However, no chance of creating additional potential recipients. (And by that, I mean in terms of life probabilities. For all I know, the next child he had could have found the cure for cancer, but we'll never know because of his bad decisions.)

Stupid mistake due to bad training and the perfect example of negligent manslaughter

Maybe an appeal and a more sensible verdict; she made a mistake - tragic but still a mistake in the heat of the moment. Maybe the lesson is that a lot more thought needs to go into gear design and placement - perhaps one thing fires with a thumb push and the other with a trigger pull. Still have to put most of the blame on the guy who knowingly raised the threat level.

VN Store

Back