Kim Potter sentenced.

No offense but you would never be in a position to ever have that type of responsibility
Not really the insult you think it is. Most of the people with that responsibility shouldn't be there anyways but they need numbers

My mistakes have never killed anyone. It's not about being perfect it's about not executing a person through gross incompetence. Maybe she should have been writing parking tickets if she can't deal with it
You’re grossly over estimating humanity. None of us know how our bodies will react in a high stress situation until we’re put in one. Therefore, YOU can’t say what the outcome would’ve been in the exact situation if it were you. If you’ve never done the job, leave your “expert” analysis at the door.

I think this is probably the right decision. I sincerely doubt there was any malice but that mistake also cost someone their life. She is in a position of responsibility and with that comes power but also consequences when you ere in judgment.

The judge starts crying because she feels bad for the defendant. Not the victim who, ya know, died. The lady that pulled the trigger gets all her sympathy. Can't make this stuff up.

It was all about the feelz. Woman cop. Woman judge. Hell, nearly similar to the Amber Guyger case.

Very rarely do those professions center around someone’s freedom or life. She made a mistake, it cost her her job and now she’s doing time. Compare it to someone that doesn’t use safety protocol on an assembly line. They push the button before someone is clear of the machine and it kills someone unattended. THAT guy goes home. A cop does not. He goes to prison first.
Let me repeat myself one more time because I tried to be as clear as possible and address the hypothetical situation you just brought up.

True. But very rarely does a mistake by normal people jeopardize someone's freedom or life.

I did not say it never happens with any other profession. damn...

Come on. 26 years of, by all accounts, exemplary service and she is absolutely incompetent? But he has a list of transgressions and screwups for the last however long to put himself where something like this happens, but she is incompetent? Mr. Victim tries to drive off while being arrested, gets shot and she is incompetent?
Well, can we be honest? If this would have been a male cop, I think the sentence would have been stiffer.

You have high standards. Kudos to you if you’re living up to them.
For some reason, conservatives seem to have an issue with holding cops/military and US politicians to a higher standard than anyone else. I find that to be problematic.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
No, she alone is to blame for her actions. Don't start giving people a pass now. She should be in for a lot longer

No, the "victims" need to learn to not resist arrest. When you resist arrest bad things might happen such as a chick cop who can't handle the pressure. Yeah she's at fault but you're dead. If you hadn't resisted arrest you'd still be alive. See how that works? Don't buy lottery tickets that can lead to your death

Let me repeat myself one more time because I tried to be as clear as possible and address the hypothetical situation you just brought up.

I did not say it never happens with any other profession. damn...
Happens about as often as each. You just don’t like cops so you seem to “want” them to be guilty when a cop makes a mistake. Whereas any other profession you’re level headed enough to call it what it is, an unfortunate mistake and nothing more.

Well, can we be honest? If this would have been a male cop, I think the sentence would have been stiffer.

For some reason, conservatives seem to have an issue with holding cops/military and US politicians to a higher standard than anyone else. I find that to be problematic.
Wait a min here Ras. Cops ARE held to higher standard. Why do you think the woman is doing time? As I mentioned before, cops are trained para-military so let’s compare outcomes of the military shall we? In war times friendly fire happens on a regular basis. Many soldiers are killed by their own comrades all the time. Common even. When was the last time we heard of a soldier being indicted for murder or manslaughter? Won’t happen. Why? Well, because war is a high stress situation and mistakes are made on the fly. Sound familiar?

Coming from someone named "Septic Tank" thats rich. Comedy gold Jerry. Daunte was a thug. He reaped what he sowed. Maybe you can get a tear tattoo in his memory.

Daunte bone your wife?

Lots of hostility emanating from you David Duke.

Daunte bone your wife?

Lots of hostility emanating from you David Duke.
Keep worshiping the thug life. I bet you play your rap music so loud in your car that it vibrates the windows of the car next to you. Am i right Lil Septic Tank? Thats a perfect name for you because, like septic tanks, you're full of _ _ _ _.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Keep worshiping the thug life. I bet you play your rap music so loud in your car that it vibrates the windows of the car next to you. Am i right Lil Septic Tank? Thats a perfect name for you because, like septic tanks, you're full of _ _ _ _.
Hey, you leave loud music out of this!

Minnesota protest, Looting sparked by Kim Potter sentencing in Daunte Wright case: reports

Around 100 protesters marched to the reported home of Judge Regina Chu, who issued Potter's prison sentence Friday

Protesters gathered in Minneapolis on Friday evening after the sentencing of former Minnesota police Officer Kim Potter to two years in prison in the April 2021 shooting death of Daunte Wright, according to reports.

In addition, reports were emerging on social media that looting was underway at stores in Brooklyn Center, the Minneapolis suburb where Potter worked and where the death of Wright occurred.

Brooklyn Center police confirmed that only a beauty supply store had been looted, but also said they’d received reports that other stores may have been struck as well, according to WCCO-TV of Minneapolis.

Black-Panthers.jpg

Members of the New Black Panthers stand with signs calling for a maximum sentence for former Brooklyn Center police Officer Kim Potter, Friday, Feb. 18, 2022 in Minneapolis. (Associated Press)

Minnesota protest, looting sparked by Kim Potter sentencing in Daunte Wright case: reports

VN Store

Back