Knecht

Just a VolinTears

Vol from Memphis
Rewatched the exhibition (and, yes, IK it was just an exhibition), but Knecht looked really composed and seems like a guy (along with Santi) who will be able to hit threes to get us out of our inevitable 3-4 min field goal droughts. Love him out of the portal. BTW Gainey is just a SOPH so maybe he can stay a while.

We all know what we have in Santi, and if Ziegler can come back full strength and not be squeamish over his knee, we can possibly have a seriously potent offense, because that will take pressures off of Knecht to perform offensively and let the guards handle things better. Yeah, it was a EXH game, but State was sold out, and it was two top ten teams. No way they’re gonna play weak. Both teams looked really good. Excited to see how we turn it on this season.

Sure were a lot of turnovers, but I agree; both teams really put on a show. Knecht looks like he will be really good. The thing that most impressed me was his ability to create his own shot.

To be fair, we didn’t have ZZ nor SV, so our ball security was mostly non existent.

Watch this clip early and often!

That was an incredible play. He's a very good ball handler and passer that can shoot the lights out. What a great pickup out of the portal! Is this his last year of availability? It may not matter if he keeps playing like this game he'll be drafted for sure.

That was an incredible play. He's a very good ball handler and passer that can shoot the lights out. What a great pickup out of the portal! Is this his last year of availability? It may not matter if he keeps playing like this game he'll be drafted for sure.

Yep, pretty sure he’s a 5th year senior, so let’s enjoy this year!

That was an incredible play. He's a very good ball handler and passer that can shoot the lights out. What a great pickup out of the portal! Is this his last year of availability? It may not matter if he keeps playing like this game he'll be drafted for

I’m not sure how the additional year rules sort out, but he was at JUCO in 2019/20 and 2020/21. Then the next 2 years he played for Northern Colorado. This is his 5th year but I don’t know if it’s as a grad transfer or as an extra year due to COVID year.

If he’s here using the free COVID year this season, then he might be able to transfer again after this year and get a 6th year as a grad transfer.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Rewatched the exhibition (and, yes, IK it was just an exhibition), but Knecht looked really composed and seems like a guy (along with Santi) who will be able to hit threes to get us out of our inevitable 3-4 min field goal droughts. Love him out of the portal. BTW Gainey is just a SOPH so maybe he can stay a while.
How the heck did we get this guy? Who else recruited him? Man, he's the most athletic white guy we've had since John Fulkerson......lol

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he hits the 40+ pt mark at some point this year in a game. His jump shot is pure and when he gets hot, I'm not sure how you guard him given he can also put the ball on the floor, gets to the rim and gets to the FT line. We didn't even push the pace as much as Barnes wants yesterday due to Vescovi and Ziegler being out and still scored 89.

Played like a real team, unselfish, and they genuinely seem to like each other. Wait until Santi and Ziggy join the party!

I’m not sure how the additional year rules sort out, but he was at JUCO in 2019/20 and 2020/21. Then the next 2 years he played for Northern Colorado. This is his 5th year but I don’t know if it’s as a grad transfer or as an extra year due to COVID year.

If he’s here using the free COVID year this season, then he might be able to transfer again after this year and get a 6th year as a grad transfer.
That’s not how that works, graduate transfer just means you don’t need a waiver to be eligible immediately to play, it’s not an extra year of eligibility. He is using his COVID year this year to be eligible, and he was eligible immediately because he was a graduate transfer.

To be fair, we didn’t have ZZ nor SV, so our ball security was mostly non existent.
My question is who is gonna push Knect to the bench? Plus Gainey lit it up from 3. Those two drive us to the opening lead. 18 points at one time! Different skill sets I know, but who thinks we jump on a team like that w ZZ and SV starting? This could be real good!

How the heck did we get this guy? Who else recruited him? Man, he's the most athletic white guy we've had since John Fulkerson......lol
I think he was sold that he could be coached by the same coach his favorite player and one he models himself by (Kevin Durant)

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back