Lab-Grown Meat Coming to a Restaurant near you THIS YEAR and is due to Hit Grocery Stores by 2028

Franklin Pierce

US health officials are on the verge of approving lab-grown meat in a move that could see the products in restaurants and grocers in months.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has declared engineered animal products safe for human consumption, paving the way for synthetic animal products to be sold in the US.

Manufacturers are now just waiting on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service to sign off on packaging and labeling criteria.

UPSIDE Foods says it expected to be available in high-end restaurants within months, but companies say they will need to expand production before they have enough stock to be able to supply grocery stores.

Lab-grown meat is made by taking a small sample of cells from livestock, such as chickens or cows.

Singapore is so far the only country in the world to have approved the meats for sale, — although a chicken nugget costs more than $50 to produce, reports CNA.

Lab-grown meat is coming to a restaurant near you THIS YEAR - and due to hit grocery stores by 2028 | Daily Mail Online

953121ca-19d8-40f7-b4f4-5bf7e3efe20e_text.gif

IDK when it will be a better product than our "natural" meat industry, but it will be someday. Imagine not needing a billion cows for slaughter. The land they live on can be repurposed. No more inhumane livestock conditions. The quality will be more controlled and eventually it will be cheaper.

Hard pass. No way Monsanto, et al don't load that s*** up with all the chemicals and synthetics that our bodies can't process. Wonder why autoimmune and other diseases have skyrocketed over the past 30 years or so.....?

Hard pass. No way Monsanto, et al don't load that s*** up with all the chemicals and synthetics that our bodies can't process. Wonder why autoimmune and other diseases have skyrocketed over the past 30 years or so.....?

They are already loading up livestock with all sorts of chemicals. It’s not easy to keep them healthy in their cramped living conditions.

Go fishing and hunting, then you don't need their stuff! Get with a local farmer, and you can purchase better beef. We have several around here thankfully, grass fed and expensive, but good.

so much for organic, free-range and all that stuff.

thought processed foods were the enemy

Why tho? Will still be available.

I don't think the term processed food as we use it includes lab grown meat. The label isn't the problem with processed food, it's that they are processed with extra sugar, salt, fat. etc, which isn't how meat from cells is/will be "processed"

Reactions: NashVol11 and flint

I would guess the kinds of food and quantity we eat are the problem here. We eat complete dogshit, and a ton of it, and then think it's a Monsanto conspiracy.

I would guess the kinds of food and quantity we eat are the problem here. We eat complete dogshit, and a ton of it, and then think it's a Monsanto conspiracy.

Yeah, the western diet is really bad, but we have everything from pesticides to weed killer residual that goes into our food products along with all the chemicals and synthetics most food producers use (yellow no. 5, partially hydrogenated oils, etc). Much of what we find on our shelves in the store is banned in Europe and other countries. I think all these additives had to have an effect on our overall health as a society.

Go fishing and hunting, then you don't need their stuff! Get with a local farmer, and you can purchase better beef. We have several around here thankfully, grass fed and expensive, but good.

I love trout so when I fish, I fish for trout. Speckled trout when I go to the beach. If I buy it at the store, it’s wild caught fish, not farmed. I’ve got a great little market I go to that sells locally sourced grass fed organic beef and chicken. It is pricey though.

Yeah, the western diet is really bad, but we have everything from pesticides to weed killer residual that goes into our food products along with all the chemicals and synthetics most food producers use (yellow no. 5, partially hydrogenated oils, etc). Much of what we find on our shelves in the store is banned in Europe and other countries. I think all these additives had to have an effect on our overall health as a society.

But the science doesn't seem to indicate any issue with GMO's. It's a concern based on ideas not science. We have problems with our diets. We know high calorie, high sugar, high fat diets are really bad for us. GMO's/pesticides allow us to feed the world on a grander scale than ever before. Let's change our habits that we know are wrecking us before we blame things that may have been some of the greatest achievements of mankind.

Reactions: flint
But the science doesn't seem to indicate any issue with GMO's. It's a concern based on ideas not science. We have problems with our diets. We know high calorie, high sugar, high fat diets are really bad for us. GMO's/pesticides allow us to feed the world on a grander scale than ever before. Let's change our habits that we know are wrecking us before we blame things that may have been some of the greatest achievements of mankind.

No argument from me on changing habits and GMO’s may be beneficial in part. My concern has more to do with synthetics and chemicals that were never intended for the human body. There are natural pesticides that are safe in food production, I’ve used them in my garden, but chemically derived pesticides and herbicides along with synthetic chemicals used in processed foods aren’t all benign. There’s a reason organic foods and farming have exploded in recent years. Our bodies simply weren’t made to process just any synthetic or chemical we stick inside it.

Reactions: flint and PEPPERJAX
Eventually they will make it nearly impossible for anyone to own livestock. That’s what they’re working on currently in the Netherlands. They will take away our options so that we have no choice.

IDK when it will be a better product than our "natural" meat industry, but it will be someday. Imagine not needing a billion cows for slaughter. The land they live on can be repurposed. No more inhumane livestock conditions. The quality will be more controlled and eventually it will be cheaper.

LOL

And you have people defending this crap like some of Volnation's "libertarians" and "moderates".

Some people beleive they are being pragmatic, and high minded when they suggest only drinking half a cup of poison. Fence sitters do what they do, because they are not actually intelligent enough to understand what is happening. That or the shocking reality of just how evil some authorities can be is something that they can not deal with, even though history shows time and again how much evil is possible in the hands of tyrants. Much better to fall back on comforting lies. They try and please everyone, because to them a middle ground is the highest virtue regardless to logical reasoning or arguments. So they fall back on being "moderate", and wear it like a badge of wisdom instead of the badge of cowardice it is.

I am sure you had people saying they needed to go along to get along right up until they were loaded up on Boxcars by Hitler and Stalin.

Reactions: DonjoVol

VN Store

Back