Lab-Grown Meat Coming to a Restaurant near you THIS YEAR and is due to Hit Grocery Stores by 2028

You LOL, but sound like somebody that might be into keeping pigs in those 7’ x 2’ gestation crates and then the “upgrade” to the farrowing crates.

Pump them up with antibiotics. You don’t want them getting sick while spending their entire lives standing around in their own s**t.

Reactions: flint
You LOL, but sound like somebody that might be into keeping pigs in those 7’ x 2’ gestation crates and then the “upgrade” to the farrowing crates.

Pump them up with antibiotics. You don’t want them getting sick while spending their entire lives standing around in their own s**t.

No we don’t raise hogs, beef and dairy. Neither gets antibiotics unless absolutely necessary and any cow getting antibiotics has to have it cleared from its system before its milk can enter the system. I think it’s 15 to 20 days after antibiotics before you can send beef to the slaughter house.

But the science doesn't seem to indicate any issue with GMO's. It's a concern based on ideas not science. We have problems with our diets. We know high calorie, high sugar, high fat diets are really bad for us. GMO's/pesticides allow us to feed the world on a grander scale than ever before. Let's change our habits that we know are wrecking us before we blame things that may have been some of the greatest achievements of mankind.
Even though GMOs aren't the theme for the thread, it is the tangent I find interesting.
2 things recently have me rethinking GMO/chemical aids. First, I had a conversation with someone who seemed very knowledgeable on the subject. I asked if he eats corn, watermelon, bananas, etc...basically all the food which has been genetically modified over the millennia. He does. I asked what is the difference between those GMOs and modern-day. He draws a line between cross breeding plants and genetic splicing from other organisms into plants. I found that though compelling as I had never considered it before. Second, Europe has stricter regulations on GMO/pesticide/harvest aid chemicals compared to America. My daughter spent a month in Italy last year. And even though she was eating the same type of food she eats here which exacerbates her eczema, her skin cleared up over there. She began a diet limiting wheat about 3 weeks ago. The change to her skin has been remarkable.

Reactions: flint
Crickets & Crackers from Frito Lay
You're already eating plenty of insects and insect byproducts. Especially if you're eating rice, pasta, peanut butter, flour, etc. All they do is fumigate, sift, and repackage

Even though GMOs aren't the theme for the thread, it is the tangent I find interesting.
2 things recently have me rethinking GMO/chemical aids. First, I had a conversation with someone who seemed very knowledgeable on the subject. I asked if he eats corn, watermelon, bananas, etc...basically all the food which has been genetically modified over the millennia. He does. I asked what is the difference between those GMOs and modern-day. He draws a line between cross breeding plants and genetic splicing from other organisms into plants. I found that though compelling as I had never considered it before. Second, Europe has stricter regulations on GMO/pesticide/harvest aid chemicals compared to America. My daughter spent a month in Italy last year. And even though she was eating the same type of food she eats here which exacerbates her eczema, her skin cleared up over there. She began a diet limiting wheat about 3 weeks ago. The change to her skin has been remarkable.
Have you considered other factors? Like maybe , she wasn't around you for those 3 weeks?

Just look at the chemicals used to make white almond drink.

Personally, I get sick of all the vegans with their fake burgers and fake bacon. Tons crap in them and not better for you than the real thing.

If being a vegan is so great then post pics of your salad recipe. Apparently it ain't all that great when you post pics of your mac and cheeze and "sausage" gumbo etc.

Just look at the chemicals used to make white almond drink.

And almonds require insane amounts of water to grow. I’ve switched to coconut milk to pour on my cereal. But I’m not sure what those things have to do with factory farming or meat growing.

BTW, before I’m attacked, Grape Nuts aren’t made from grape testicles and coconuts don't come from neutered palm trees.

Reactions: flint and McDad
You're already eating plenty of insects and insect byproducts. Especially if you're eating rice, pasta, peanut butter, flour, etc. All they do is fumigate, sift, and repackage

I think I ate some spiders while I was sleeping last night.

Personally, I get sick of all the vegans with their fake burgers and fake bacon. Tons crap in them and not better for you than the real thing.

If being a vegan is so great then post pics of your salad recipe. Apparently it ain't all that great when you post pics of your mac and cheeze and "sausage" gumbo etc.
My wife's oldest sister is eating like that now. Fir Christmas they all came here, and she brought a bunch of fake stuff. I had smoked a prime rib, grilled ribeyes, and made homemade macaroni. Everyone else was eating that, and she got mad, giving them a big speech about hers being better, especially her cauliflower macaroni. When she left, she left it all here. I told my wife we should call and ask if it was so good, then why didn't she take it. It's not their food for me, it's their pompous attitude about it. If I like something, I'll suggest it to people, but don't demand they eat what I do.

And almonds require insane amounts of water to grow. I’ve switched to coconut milk to pour on my cereal. But I’m not sure what those things have to do with factory farming or meat growing.

BTW, before I’m attacked, Grape Nuts aren’t made from grape testicles and coconuts don't come from neutered palm trees.
Almonds and coconut don't have milk, they don't got nipples to milk!!👀🤣

My wife's oldest sister is eating like that now. Fir Christmas they all came here, and she brought a bunch of fake stuff. I had smoked a prime rib, grilled ribeyes, and made homemade macaroni. Everyone else was eating that, and she got mad, giving them a big speech about hers being better, especially her cauliflower macaroni. When she left, she left it all here. I told my wife we should call and ask if it was so good, then why didn't she take it. It's not their food for me, it's their pompous attitude about it. If I like something, I'll suggest it to people, but don't demand they eat what I do.
Cauliflower macaroni is the worst culinary idea ever.

Oh yeah??? If Grape Nuts aren't grape testicles, why are they called Vineyard Oysters in Italy?

Reactions: joevol33
Invite me next year. I promise not to bring anything gross and further promise to make a spectacle gorging myself on your delicious meat.

As I told you in another thread, you do you but please don't spread falsehoods and disinformation.

I'll agree that poultry and pork production could be done a little better.

VN Store

Back