Lady Vol Volleyball 2024

Putbacks

Last edited:
Did anyone make it to the Lipscomb match tonight? If so, how did we look?
I went to the Lipscomb match tonight. The Lady Vols won 4 sets to zero for Lipscomb. Normally it would be a three set match but I guess the coaches decided they wanted to give their teams as much practice as possible and stretch it to two hours. Lipscomb gave us a close set in the first set but Tennessee had no trouble after that.
I was especially impressed with Nina Cajic, (no. 1) the grad student from Serbia. This girl is a killer volleyball player and she should help the Lady Vols tremendously. She has a great jump serve and when she gets it in it is very hard to return. Also impressive were Paityn Chapman (no. 4) , a 6'3" outside hitter and Hayden Kubik (no. 33). Kubik is the 6'2" outside hitter who transferred from Nebraska. All I can say is it's their loss. They are like Oklahoma in softball, they can't keep all the good players happy. Some of them are bound to leave and we got her. Mackenzie Plante (no. 6) was also her usual solid self.
Coach Eve played mostly reserves in the fourth set and we still won comfortably. One thing I'm a bit concerned about is the lack of playing time for Camdyn Stucky (no 8), the reserve setter. She is too good of a player not to be playing more. Camdyn looked very impressive in the Orange & White scrimmage on Monday which I also went to. Coach Eve played her the last five points of the fourth set. The grad student setter Lauren Woodford played the other 20 points and Caroline Kerr played all the minutes in the first three sets. If Camdyn doesn't get more playing time this season I could see her going elsewhere and that would be a shame. She and Caroline are only one year apart so something is going to have give there. I would platoon the two setters. I know Caroline is All-SEC but Camdyn is that good too. I hope coach thinks long and hard about the good problem that she has on her hands.

I went to the Lipscomb match tonight. The Lady Vols won 4 sets to zero for Lipscomb. Normally it would be a three set match but I guess the coaches decided they wanted to give their teams as much practice as possible and stretch it to two hours. Lipscomb gave us a close set in the first set but Tennessee had no trouble after that.
I was especially impressed with Nina Cajic, (no. 1) the grad student from Serbia. This girl is a killer volleyball player and she should help the Lady Vols tremendously. She has a great jump serve and when she gets it in it is very hard to return. Also impressive were Paityn Chapman (no. 4) , a 6'3" outside hitter and Hayden Kubik (no. 33). Kubik is the 6'2" outside hitter who transferred from Nebraska. All I can say is it's their loss. They are like Oklahoma in softball, they can't keep all the good players happy. Some of them are bound to leave and we got her. Mackenzie Plante (no. 6) was also her usual solid self.
Coach Eve played mostly reserves in the fourth set and we still won comfortably. One thing I'm a bit concerned about is the lack of playing time for Camdyn Stucky (no 8), the reserve setter. She is too good of a player not to be playing more. Camdyn looked very impressive in the Orange & White scrimmage on Monday which I also went to. Coach Eve played her the last five points of the fourth set. The grad student setter Lauren Woodford played the other 20 points and Caroline Kerr played all the minutes in the first three sets. If Camdyn doesn't get more playing time this season I could see her going elsewhere and that would be a shame. She and Caroline are only one year apart so something is going to have give there. I would platoon the two setters. I know Caroline is All-SEC but Camdyn is that good too. I hope coach thinks long and hard about the good problem that she has on her hands.
By the way, the Lady Vols' upcoming matches against Penn State and Louisville are both nationally televised, Penn State on ESPU and Louisville on ESPN2.

Thanks for the recap! Sounds like there are some promising additions and returnees combined to hopefully cover the losses of Fingall, Moore, and Lovett. It is also encouraging that we might finally actually have a weapon at serving.

I was thinking that Stucky might be a redshirt this year kinda like Kerr was her freshman season and Shnell was last year. It makes sense unless Stucky is such a difference maker that she can take us to another level.

I am curious about the transfer Malual who was a lower level AA. Can she help at this level? Also, I was regretting the loss of Raeven Chase and the added dimension she brought to the attack last year. Did Pawlik or Beeker add the slide to their repertoire over the off season by any chance?

Thanks for the recap! Sounds like there are some promising additions and returnees combined to hopefully cover the losses of Fingall, Moore, and Lovett. It is also encouraging that we might finally actually have a weapon at serving.

I was thinking that Stucky might be a redshirt this year kinda like Kerr was her freshman season and Shnell was last year. It makes sense unless Stucky is such a difference maker that she can take us to another level.

I am curious about the transfer Malual who was a lower level AA. Can she help at this level? Also, I was regretting the loss of Raeven Chase and the added dimension she brought to the attack last year. Did Pawlik or Beeker add the slide to their repertoire over the off season by any chance?Ma

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Malual saw limited minutes in tonight's match but at times she reminds me of Fingall. As far as I know Stucky is not planning on redshirting. She joined the team in January right out of high school. She's the one I suggested tryout for the softball team. She was a 6'3"
lefty pitcher in high school and her father is the softball coach. She was honorable mention all-state in softball in the state of Kansas. But Deerpark12 said it is impossible for her to play softball too because of volleyball commitments in the spring.
I did not see Pawlik or Beeker do any sliding spiking in tonight's match.

VN Store

Back