Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

At this juncture, I think the key to the bubble is how we do with the TAM and Vandy games. Both of these teams are respected enough that if we win both of them we are in the tourney regardless of what else happens. I do think that if we get another quality win on top of these in regular season or SEC tourney, it would improve our seeding further. My concern is how much will the LV have in their energy tank @ Vandy playing 3 games in 6 days with one of them being SC. We have all seen the marked difference when our team is energized and focused and when it is not. If prayer or positive meditations are in your wheelhouse, get to it :cool:.

Last edited:
Honestly surprised at where bracketologists have us after that huge win against Arkansas. It's going to remain an uphill fight with must-win games against Vandy and Texas A&M to secure an at-large bid. We're going to hover right around that last four in with a loss in either of those games. That would put us as needing to win at least 1, maybe 2 games in the SECT to feel safe - especially with any bid stealers. Buckle up. It's going to be crazy!

Where we currently stand: LAST FOUR BYES
NET ranking: 44 (-5 from last release) ✅
SOS 6 (-5 from last release) ✅
Current ODDS to make the NCAAs: 65%
Trending: (even)
1.png2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly surprised at where bracketologists have us after that huge win against Arkansas. It's going to remain an uphill fight with must-win games against Vandy and Texas A&M to secure an at-large bid. We're going to hover right around that last four in with a loss in either of those games. That would put us as needing to win at least 1, maybe 2 games in the SECT to feel safe - especially with any bid stealers. Buckle up. It's going to be crazy!

Where we currently stand: LAST FOUR BYES
NET ranking: 44 (-5 from last release) ✅
SOS 6 (-5 from last release) ✅
Current ODDS to make the NCAAs: 65%
Trending: (even)
View attachment 619666View attachment 619667
View attachment 619668
Unless Lady Vols pull off a miracle and win SEC Tournament.

Ceiling is 7th seed. I may be wrong but does Lady Vols have a signature Quad 1 win?

Charlie Creme said the lowest NET to get in was 60 so how on Earth are we even on the edge rn?
So there are no more than 8 "weak" conferences?
A "weak" conference is one where the champion gets in only because it won its conference.
Usually there are at least 16.

Right now looking at all the teams around us I would have us at a high 9 verging 8

However I love the bracket creme has us in.
At VT playing Creighton and VT!!

YESSS PLSSSS

basically playing Arkansas again and we just matchup so well with VT

Right now looking at all the teams around us I would have us at a high 9 verging 8

YESSS PLSSSS

Also if we can get our NET into the 30s we could easily get a 7 seed verging on 6

Reactions: chuckiepoo

YESSS PLSSSS

*For the record: I've been to three Va Tech games thus far, as a driver (long story), but maybe I'm not seeing the full picture. Nonetheless:

I'm sure you know the game much better than me, Future, and I hope you're right; but I do not see Virginia Tech as a good match up for this year's Lady Vols. It just doesn't add up.

Of course, we have Rickea, and we have Spear, et al. However, they have more better (and more consistent) scorers. I think Elizabeth Kitley is much improved, to the point that she should be 1st Team, All-American center, especially considering the time missed by Brink and Lee. I really like Puni (and her three-point threat) also, but overall I'd rather have Kitley. But that's another conversation altogether. Anyhow, perhaps for minutes at a time Tamara can keep her somewhat in check, but, I just can't see us holding her down, and certainly not for four quarters. Her shot has become yet more consistent, and beyond the range that, under present circumstances Key could consistently extend. I don't imagine we would risk Jackson with such an assignment. Could Jillian come out and play face up? Karoline? I'm sorry, but that match up alone ...it just doesn't look good from any angle.

Jasmine vs Georgia? Amoore is a forty-minute player. Wynn is improved, and would be greatly needed. But last season we had the two Jordans. And still she went off on us! She too is significantly improved, and most importantly as a leader.

Of course, they would struggle to guard Rickea. IMO, any team will. And we're seeing what Jewell can do. And Powell. But, Wenzel is making strides. King and Ekh are so steady and reliable. And they can all shoot from a mile away. And despite the constant moans (on our board) about "speed" they guard reasonably well, and attack the defensive boards better, IMO than most any team out there not named LSU or SC. Sure, they give up runs and so forth, but they're just so steady and confident.

Now a Va Tech - Utah match up? I'd love to see that!

At the end of the day, and while stipulating the miss-match that is Rickea Jackson, I think it comes down to Kitley-Key/Powell, Wynn-Amoore. And, did I mention, last season we had Horston and Walker? There's certainly a long way to go for such a scenario to play out, and I'd appreciate hearing what you, and anyone/everyone thinks.

Madness awaits!

Cheers.

Last edited:
*For the record: I've been to three Va Tech games thus far, as a driver (long story), but maybe I'm not seeing the full picture. Nonetheless:

I'm sure you know the game much better than me, Future, and I hope you're right; but I do not see Virginia Tech as a good match up for this year's Lady Vols. It just doesn't add up.

Of course, we have Rickea, and we have Spear, et al. However, they have more better (and more consistent) scorers. I think Elizabeth Kitley is much improved, to the point that she should be 1st Team, All-American center, especially considering the time missed by Brink and Lee. I really like Puni (and her three-point threat) also, but overall I'd rather have Kitley. But that's another conversation altogether. Anyhow, perhaps for minutes at a time Tamara can keep her somewhat in check, but, I just can't see us holding her down, and certainly not for four quarters. Her shot has become yet more consistent, and beyond the range that, under present circumstances Key could consistently extend. I don't imagine we would risk Jackson with such an assignment. Could Jillian come out and play face up? Karoline? I'm sorry, but that match up alone ...it just doesn't look good from any angle.

Jasmine vs Georgia? Amoore is a forty-minute player. Wynn is improved, and would be greatly needed. But last season we had the two Jordans. And still she went off on us! She too is significantly improved, and most importantly as a leader.

Of course, they would struggle to guard Rickea. IMO, any team will. And we're seeing what Jewell can do. And Powell. But, Wenzel is making strides. King and Ech are so steady and reliable. And they can all shoot from a mile away. And despite the constant moans (on our board) about "speed" they guard reasonable well, and attack the defensive boards better, IMO that most any team out there not named LSU or SC. Sure, they give up runs and so forth, but they're just so steady and confident.

Now a Va Tech - Utah match up? I'd love to see that!

At the end of the day, and while stipulating the miss-match that is Rickea Jackson, I think it comes down to Kitley-Key/Powell, Wynn-Amoore. And, did I mention, last season we had Horston and Walker? There's certainly a long way to go for such a scenario to play out, and I'd appreciate hearing what you, and anyone/everyone thinks.

Madness awaits!

Cheers.
As I see it. They have no one to guard Rickea… Kitley doesn’t like physicality and we have Key now and Striplin who loves to get physical.

Now as for Amoore.. look at Powell vs small guards this year. She has been electric on D.

(I.e. Season low for Hildalgo)

VT doesn’t have Taylor Soule. That’s a huge piece gone and the one who would guard Rickea.

Would be a good game obviously but I like our chances.

Systemically they aren’t the traditional type of team who give us problems this year.

Reactions: brittannica
If u wanna talk “ceiling” technically we could get a 3 seed or even 2 if we swept the rest of the season…

2 USC win
1 LSU win

Win SEC title so probably 3 USC wins

Obviously not likely but that the “ceiling”
I was just about to write we could probably get a 2 seed if we run the table.

No way you watched that first half of basketball, Charlie Creme - and still think TN is the last four in. SMH
Andraya Carter said the reason LSU was projected a #4 seed is SOS.

She even said SEC isn't that strong this season.

That could be a factor even with a win over South Carolina, which would be best win in country this year.

VN Store

Back