Lady Vols (6 seed) Portland Regional

Andraya Carter said the reason LSU was projected a #4 seed is SOS.

She even said SEC isn't that strong this season.

That could be a factor even with a win over South Carolina, which would be best win in country this year.

This is what terrifies me most about being on the bubble. The national perception all year has been that the SEC is in a "down" year. The committee confirmed they also believe that to be true in their bracket review tonight. With only 2 teams in the top 25, it's becoming more and more apparent we are going to need a big win somewhere along the way (regular season) or SECT to feel safe going into selection Sunday.

Lady Vols are arguably playing their best basketball of the season over the last three games. All the metrics continue improving, including up to 41 in the NET, #3 SOS, and most importantly we earned our 4th Quad One win of the season at Vandy today in dominating fashion. I predict we have moved off the bubble's (Last 4 byes) line and safely into the tournament as of today. We need one more win over the last three games and I think we are safely in.

ODDS of NCAA up to 75%

Lady Vols.jpg

Lady Vols are arguably playing their best basketball of the season over the last three games. All the metrics continue improving, including up to 41 in the NET, #3 SOS, and most importantly we earned our 4th Quad One win of the season at Vandy today in dominating fashion. I predict we have moved off the bubble's (Last 4 byes) line and safely into the tournament as of today. We need one more win over the last three games and I think we are safely in.

ODDS of NCAA up to 75%

View attachment 620965
If they beat Texas A&M they will be in for sure

ODDS of NCAA up to 75%

View attachment 620965
Not only is the SOS #3, projections have it at #1 at the end of the regular season with the home game against LSU and the road game at South Carolina. I think today probably sealed at minimum a play game, but almost certainly the main bracket with a win over Texas A&M. Get a win over LSU and enter the SEC tournament with a chance to play your way into a much higher seed than anybody would have thought two weeks ago.

Not only is the SOS #3, projections have it at #1 at the end of the regular season with the home game against LSU and the road game at South Carolina. I think today probably sealed at minimum a play game, but almost certainly the main bracket with a win over Texas A&M. Get a win over LSU and enter the SEC tournament with a chance to play your way into a much higher seed than anybody would have thought two weeks ago.
A win against A&M and Sc and also win the Sec tournament should get us around a 3 seed.

As expected, Tennessee's impressive 3-game span last week safely moved us off the bubble. This is the first time all season that our name doesn't appear on "The Bubble" list! We should remain safe as long as we don't go winless in our last 4 games. Our metrics have improved significantly:

Where we currently stand: 10 seed ⬆️
NET ranking: 38 (+6 from last release) ✅
SOS 4 (+2 from last release) ✅
Current ODDS to make the NCAAs: 90%
Trending: (UP)

VOLS.jpg
Current Bracket.png

W
As expected, Tennessee's impressive 3-game span last week safely moved us off the bubble. This is the first time all season that our name doesn't appear on "The Bubble" list! We should remain safe as long as we don't go winless in our last 4 games. Our metrics have improved significantly:

Where we currently stand: 10 seed ⬆️
NET ranking: 38 (+6 from last release) ✅
SOS 4 (+2 from last release) ✅
Current ODDS to make the NCAAs: 90%
Trending: (UP)

View attachment 621537
View attachment 621538
What are odds Tennessee gets a Eight or Nine Seed NCAA tournament
Setting up a possibility game vs One Seed Second round NCAA tournament.game.

In the bracket we're in above, 8 and 9 seeds are bracketed with the 1 seed, 7 and 10 seeds with the 2 seeds.

10 definitely looks better in this bracket than 8-9. So naturally, with our luck, we'll beat either LSU or SC and the reward will be bumping up to an 8 or 9 seed. Probably have to beat both either now or in SEC tourney to jump all the way to 7.

No matter what I don’t think we get sent to the west coasts the S curve plus our fan base will keep us regional. That could place us either with USC OSU NC State VT or Indiana. Considering we’re playing USC possibly 2 more times I doubt there.

Remember these are humans. The committee loves stories and rematches. I could really see us in that MTSU/INDIANA bracket which would be awesome.

With our metrics they can realistically stand on putting us anywhere from a 5-10* that they think will be the most exciting basketball

No matter what I don’t think we get sent to the west coasts the S curve plus our fan base will keep us regional. That could place us either with USC OSU NC State VT or Indiana. Considering we’re playing USC possibly 2 more times I doubt there.

Remember these are humans. The committee loves stories and rematches. I could really see us in that MTSU/INDIANA bracket which would be awesome.

With our metrics they can realistically stand on putting us anywhere from a 5-10* that they think will be the most exciting basketball

Tenn and exciting basketball ??

There have been some big wins by bubble teams this weekend, specifically Washington over #9 Oregon State, and Kansas over #10 Kansas State. We cannot go 0-2 over the last two games, so I'm thinking (based on numbers) A&M now becomes another MUST-win for us to remain safely in. Go 0-2 and you're primed for a bid stealer to knock you out.

There have been some big wins by bubble teams this weekend, specifically Washington over #9 Oregon State, and Kansas over #10 Kansas State. We cannot go 0-2 over the last two games, so I'm thinking (based on numbers) A&M now becomes another MUST-win for us to remain safely in. Go 0-2 and you're primed for a bid stealer to knock you out.
I think we're ok if we beat TAM, and right now they're just awful.

I think we're ok if we beat TAM, and right now they're just awful.

Yes, beat A&M and you’re at 10 conference wins and safely in regardless of what happens in the SECT. Lose to A&M and SC, and you’re at 16-12 going into the SECT needing to win at least one, maybe two games - depending on what happens in other leagues.

Yes, beat A&M and you’re at 10 conference wins and safely in regardless of what happens in the SECT. Lose to A&M and SC, and you’re at 16-12 going into the SECT needing to win at least one, maybe two games - depending on what happens in other leagues.
If we cant beat this TAM team at home on Sr night and them w/o Rogers, we don't need to go to the tourney.

If we cant beat this TAM team at home on Sr night and them w/o Rogers, we don't need to go to the tourney.
If we lose out we’ll be sweating the selection show, but I don’t think we’ll get left out unless there are a bunch of bid stealers in conference tournaments. Holly’s last team had no business making the tournament after losing at home to a 6 win Vandy team in the regular season finale, but they got in. The name Tennessee carries weight with the committee even if they don’t admit it.

But losing yesterday means it’s going to be impossible to rise above the 8/9 line without either beating SC in Columbia (lol) or winning the SECT (lol). That means if we’re even fortunate enough to win a toss up first round game, we would have to play a 1 seed in their gym in the R32. Oof.

If we lose out we’ll be sweating the selection show, but I don’t think we’ll get left out unless there are a bunch of bid stealers in conference tournaments. Holly’s last team had no business making the tournament after losing at home to a 6 win Vandy team in the regular season finale, but they got in. The name Tennessee carries weight with the committee even if they don’t admit it.

But losing yesterday means it’s going to be impossible to rise above the 8/9 line without either beating SC in Columbia (lol) or winning the SECT (lol). That means if we’re even fortunate enough to win a toss up first round game, we would have to play a 1 seed in their gym in the R32. Oof.
Yes, said yesterday there's a good possibility that in the last month of the season we will have played the undefeated, odds on fave to win it all 3 times, the defending national champion, and a #1 seed on their home floor. Good God.

But it is probably the perfect metaphor for one of the most unfortunate seasons I've ever seen.

The latest bracketology would be a horrid draw for us if it comes to fruition.

FSU in a first round 8/9 game, who has already beaten us.

If we’re lucky enough to win that, OSU in Columbus, who already destroyed us in Knoxville.

You might as well count the SEC tournament in Greenville, SC as a home floor for the Lady Cocks as well...

Yes, said yesterday there's a good possibility that in the last month of the season we will have played the undefeated, odds on fave to win it all 3 times, the defending national champion, and a #1 seed on their home floor. Good God.

But it is probably the perfect metaphor for one of the most unfortunate seasons I've ever seen.

VN Store

Back