Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Okay, he's told 11,999 lies. Happy now?
Go through and look at some of this BS you and the WaPO is trying to count as "lies" :rolleyes: This is just the first page of this BS...

Trump clearly exaggerates and makes dumb statements, but to classify these as lies is 100% partisan BS

The military shelves were also empty. We had no ammunition, literally. And that was said by one of your favorite generals. 'We have -- sir, we have no ammunition.'”

Trump is onto something when he suggests that munitions were running low at the time he took office. After targeting Islamic State operatives with tens of thousands of smart bombs and guided missiles, U.S. military officials began to say publicly that stockpiles were growing thin. But the president’s disregard for details and accuracy gets him in trouble. Trump never limits his comments to PGMs and instead gives the impression that all ammunition was running out. Smart bombs may be the most important kind in the fight against terror, but it’s nevertheless an exaggerated claim. Moreover, at times Trump’s claim has morphed from “very little” ammunition to “no ammunition.” No military official has claimed that munitions, whether PGMs or for any other kind of weapon, were depleted, and officials in the Obama administration had already started to fix the problem by the time he took office.

"I mean, take New York: We...sent a ship with 1,000 rooms and 12 operating rooms.”

The dispatch of the medical Navy vessel to New York started out as a disaster. The Comfort, which was supposed to aid New York — a ship with 1,000 hospital beds, 11 operating rooms, 80 intensive care beds and a radiology suite, staffed by 1,200 crew members — but after more than a week after arriving March 31 it was almost empty, serving only 50 patients. The Comfort was supposed to take in patients not infected by the coronavirus, so that hospital staff could focus on the pandemic. But there was also a list of 49 other medical conditions that would exclude a patient from receiving the aid on board the Comfort. Then the Navy on April 8 shifted course, saying the Comfort’s mission has shifted and the ship will now allocate 500 of its 1,000 beds for severe coronavirus cases, even though originally it said the vessel was “not configured to provide treatment for infectious diseases.”

“It's over a thou- -- a hundred thousand test a day --and these are accurate tests and they're moving rapidly -- which is more than any other country in the world, both in terms of the raw number and also on a per capita basis.

Trump often makes misleading claims about the level of testing in the United States. It is accurate when looking only at raw numbers. But the key indicator is tests per capita, which gives a read on the share of the population that has contracted the disease. A crowdsourced tally provided by the Covid Tracking Project says the United States has tested 1.1 million people as of March 31. That represents about 1 in 297 people. Italy, for example, has a smaller population and a lower number of total tests, but it tested about three times as many people on a per capita basis: 1 in 133.

“We had the most jobs ever in the history of the United States. Almost 160 million jobs, right?”

Of course there are more Americans working. That’s because there are more Americans today than ever before. More meaningful measures of the overall health of the job market take population into consideration. The unemployment rate, or the share of people who don't have jobs, has never reached a record low during Trump's presidency.

“San Francisco … has become like a slum. It’s a slum.”

Trump often derides Democratic cities, especially Nancy Pelosi's home base of San Francisco. It's frequently rated one of the most beautiful cities in America.

“[Biden] felt it was a racist thing to stop people from China coming in. But that was from the section of China, too that was in such trouble.”

Biden said "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, and fear-mongering to lead the way instead of science." He did not call the decision to close travel xenophobic. Biden later used the word to refer to Trump's description of covid-19 as "China virus."

Reactions: FLVOL_79
How is the confirmation of a story an example of the media lying?

Before the press briefing yesterday the narrative was "Fauci said President could have done more earlier" in a manner that suggested that he was not listening to the experts. That is at the very least misleading and not the fake news' responsibility.

Reactions: NCFisher
You could have saved all the other letters
8fc.gif

Reactions: Wireless1
Go through and look at some of this BS you and the WaPO is trying to count as "lies" :rolleyes: This is just the first page of this BS...

Trump clearly exaggerates and makes dumb statements, but to classify these as lies is 100% partisan BS

The military shelves were also empty. We had no ammunition, literally. And that was said by one of your favorite generals. 'We have -- sir, we have no ammunition.'”

Trump is onto something when he suggests that munitions were running low at the time he took office. After targeting Islamic State operatives with tens of thousands of smart bombs and guided missiles, U.S. military officials began to say publicly that stockpiles were growing thin. But the president’s disregard for details and accuracy gets him in trouble. Trump never limits his comments to PGMs and instead gives the impression that all ammunition was running out. Smart bombs may be the most important kind in the fight against terror, but it’s nevertheless an exaggerated claim. Moreover, at times Trump’s claim has morphed from “very little” ammunition to “no ammunition.” No military official has claimed that munitions, whether PGMs or for any other kind of weapon, were depleted, and officials in the Obama administration had already started to fix the problem by the time he took office.

"I mean, take New York: We...sent a ship with 1,000 rooms and 12 operating rooms.”

The dispatch of the medical Navy vessel to New York started out as a disaster. The Comfort, which was supposed to aid New York — a ship with 1,000 hospital beds, 11 operating rooms, 80 intensive care beds and a radiology suite, staffed by 1,200 crew members — but after more than a week after arriving March 31 it was almost empty, serving only 50 patients. The Comfort was supposed to take in patients not infected by the coronavirus, so that hospital staff could focus on the pandemic. But there was also a list of 49 other medical conditions that would exclude a patient from receiving the aid on board the Comfort. Then the Navy on April 8 shifted course, saying the Comfort’s mission has shifted and the ship will now allocate 500 of its 1,000 beds for severe coronavirus cases, even though originally it said the vessel was “not configured to provide treatment for infectious diseases.”

“It's over a thou- -- a hundred thousand test a day --and these are accurate tests and they're moving rapidly -- which is more than any other country in the world, both in terms of the raw number and also on a per capita basis.

Trump often makes misleading claims about the level of testing in the United States. It is accurate when looking only at raw numbers. But the key indicator is tests per capita, which gives a read on the share of the population that has contracted the disease. A crowdsourced tally provided by the Covid Tracking Project says the United States has tested 1.1 million people as of March 31. That represents about 1 in 297 people. Italy, for example, has a smaller population and a lower number of total tests, but it tested about three times as many people on a per capita basis: 1 in 133.

“We had the most jobs ever in the history of the United States. Almost 160 million jobs, right?”

Of course there are more Americans working. That’s because there are more Americans today than ever before. More meaningful measures of the overall health of the job market take population into consideration. The unemployment rate, or the share of people who don't have jobs, has never reached a record low during Trump's presidency.

“San Francisco … has become like a slum. It’s a slum.”

Trump often derides Democratic cities, especially Nancy Pelosi's home base of San Francisco. It's frequently rated one of the most beautiful cities in America.

“[Biden] felt it was a racist thing to stop people from China coming in. But that was from the section of China, too that was in such trouble.”

Biden said "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria xenophobia, hysterical xenophobia, and fear-mongering to lead the way instead of science." He did not call the decision to close travel xenophobic. Biden later used the word to refer to Trump's description of covid-19 as "China virus."
Are you saying @Purple Tiger is FOS?!?
20190911_192437.gif

This is the second time I have seen "moves on the court" in reference to Trump. What did he do?
I don't necessarily mean by his doing but he is filling lots of spots. I'm going to assume he fills those with like minded people. He gets another 2 justices and things go one way only

Now take this post and flip it. And I did actually like it. I just wonder why you cant complete the circle.
I haven't made one comment on Trump's comment. (I don't think)
I know the perspective is that I only see one side, and that's true to a degree (for everyone - me more than some and less than others). I view things through the best possible prism when it deals with the left and the worst possible prism when it deals with the right (Trump in particular).
The overriding prism through which I now view everything is that of Trump being a horrendously despicable human of historic proportions.

The National Emergencies Act and Defense Production Act give pretty broad powers to the executive, and some aspects of them likely would invite legal resolution. That is aside from the question of whether congress constitutionally granted those powers.

The economy is very much a question of national security and welfare. If governors close or keep industries closed that can be viewed as injurious to that security, under those acts I think it can be interpreted as presidential dereliction of duty to NOT intercede.

This isn't a black/white question. It is a national emergency situation in which governors and the president must work together.
Best response yet as far as backing up the belief.

Can you provide any proof to your allegations?

Here is 10 examples JUST on Russian hoaxes:
Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story

Also, who could forget recent examples of "hands up don't shoot" and the Covington kids and the Indian drummer?

this is a good article from the pre social media days, which sums it up nicely
Why the News Is Not the Truth

The media is
- Corporate propaganda
- Heavily influenced in liberal political narratives
- Looking for sensational and "crazy" stories to embellish for ratings/prestige
- Looking for a victim/oppressor narrative that plays to those types
- Wastes the rest of the time doing "slice of life" stories pulled directly from Facebook to use as a "story" for more clicks

I don't necessarily mean by his doing but he is filling lots of spots. I'm going to assume he fills those with like minded people. He gets another 2 justices and things go one way only

Patiently waiting. And expect the next 4 years will become reality

VN Store

Back