Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Testing remains THE linchpin for both fighting the virus and reopening the eonomy.

Trump administration bungled that to the nth degree. Just mind boggling how poorly they handled that single most critical aspect of all of this.

Testing remains THE linchpin for both fighting the virus and reopening the eonomy.

Trump administration bungled that to the nth degree. Just mind boggling how poorly they handled that single most critical aspect of all of this.
LG drive-by trolling reminds me of this:
135.png

I am not sure the debate you two are having. But this line from your post: and funding for pandemics was forced to stay at the levels approved in 2010 through the end of Obama’s final term in office. Doesn't bolster the argument we were unprepared. Funding went all the way through his last year. Does the article disclose how much was budgeted originally?
The point is Obama became increasingly aware that it was underfunded and to be adequately prepared would require more funding which the repub congress refused to give.

The point is Obama became increasingly aware that it was underfunded and to be adequately prepared would require more funding which the repub congress refused to give.
Of course we will quibble about your version of intention. My version:
1. "underfunded". no government program in the history of government programs has been adequately funded enough for politicians to stop requesting more.
2. "adequately prepared". See 1.
3. "require more funding". See 1.
4. "refused to give". Increase denied due to waiting for their party to be in power to increase funding denied in previous administration.

Still, any idea what the original funding level was?

They have plenty of tests

...and Go broke.
Time for a new profession.

t_fred_garvin_304.jpg

Of course we will quibble about your version of intention. My version:
1. "underfunded". no government program in the history of government programs has been adequately funded enough for politicians to stop requesting more.
2. "adequately prepared". See 1.
3. "require more funding". See 1.
4. "refused to give". Increase denied due to waiting for their party to be in power to increase funding denied in previous administration.

Still, any idea what the original funding level was?
From the article.
The funds would have included millions of dollars for personal protective equipment (PPE) for the Strategic National Stockpile which is where much of the drastic shortages are being seen across the country in the current crisis.

Obama warned of pandemic threat in 2014, but Republicans blocked funding

We obviously were not prepared. That was Obama's (and many others) warning.
In hindsight, Obama's request seems appropriate and Trump's actions seem inappropriate. That seems obvious to me.

From the article.
The funds would have included millions of dollars for personal protective equipment (PPE) for the Strategic National Stockpile which is where much of the drastic shortages are being seen across the country in the current crisis.

Obama warned of pandemic threat in 2014, but Republicans blocked funding

We obviously were not prepared. That was Obama's (and many others) warning.
In hindsight, Obama's request seems appropriate and Trump's actions seem inappropriate. That seems obvious to me.
Can you please find the amount of money allocated in the budget for the time we're discussing?

I missed the briefing. Did Trump actually say again he has the power to govern the states? To overrule the orders of the Governors? I heard a snippet where he said he has the power, but does not expect to use it.

So on Monday he had total authority.

On Tuesday he was handing over the authority to the states.

And on Wednesday he is back to having total authority, but does not expect to use it.

source.gif

Reactions: samanderson
I missed the briefing. Did Trump actually say again he has the power to govern the states? To overrule the orders of the Governors? I heard a snippet where he said he has the power, but does not expect to use it.

So on Monday he had total authority.

On Tuesday he was handing over the authority to the states.

And on Wednesday he is back to having total authority, but does not expect to use it.

source.gif
Yes. He also said he was changing the official seal of the United States to have his face on it.

@evillawyer or anyone else proficient in the Twitterverse.

Someone sent me an email stating the surgeon general, Adams, is deviating from the current model and is expecting things to open up May 1st.

I cannot find any legit news source confirming. But I can find it on obscure sites. Can anybody find that story or press conference at a mainstream site or platform?

VN Store

Back