Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The goal was to flatten the curve. By flattening it you do decrease deaths from lack of ventilators equipment etc.. You also reduce the number of people who would die of something like a heart attack but will now receive proper care. Hopefully now there won’t be a overrun of hospitals when this does spike again, which everyone agrees it will, because it will be more dragged out and not everyone all at once.
The spike will be smaller with some people staying at home still, and what hard immunity has been built up. If that study in MA is right and 30% already got over it, that's that many fewer people to get it *easily*. And then you have to figure the at risk populations were the first to get hit, nursing homes, and a large number of them have had it, or are practicing safe distancing effectively, so the at risk population will still be vulnerable but less than before.

Add in the health care professionals have gone thru a batch of this they are now going to have a handle on it.

In GA with things opening up slowly the only reason I would see to extend it another week would be to hopefully let the health care people rest and restock a bit longer. But as it is the next spike wont be till mid or late May. And based on the above I am thinking it will be lower than before as we try the Sweden method out. And considering we handled wave 1 just fine wave 2 doesnt concern me from an overwhelming aspect.

Once we discovered the numbers are inflated attributing deaths WITH C19 in addition to deaths FROM C19, I lost confidence in the data.

If you put together the recent testing that shows A LOT of the population has already been exposed to COVID and then layer in deaths...a Venn would have significant overlap that could over-attribute deaths to COVID.

I wonder how the attribution works. If you have the antibody it is considered related to COVID? Only if showing symptoms? I’m not sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
If you put together the recent testing that shows A LOT of the population has already been exposed to COVID and then layer in deaths...a Venn would have a little of overlap that could over-attribute deaths to COVID.

I wonder how the attribution works. If you have the antibody it is considered related to COVID? Only if showing symptoms? I’m not sure.
I am not either. The only person posting here who sees it firsthand is NGV as far as I know.

@NurseGoodVol

CNN just showed a picture of a cute little 5-year old that died “due to coronavirus complications after being on a ventilator for two weeks”....then said she was diagnosed with meningitis.

I mean, ok. She tested positive for corona. But is there any doubt if she wasn’t compromised by meningitis she would have survived? This is an otherwise healthy 5-year old as far as we know. I just don’t agree that if you would have survived corona without an underlying condition then corona should be counted as the killer.

CNN just showed a picture of a cute little 5-year old that died “due to coronavirus complications after being on a ventilator for two weeks”....then said she was diagnosed with meningitis.

I mean, ok. She tested positive for corona. But is there any doubt if she wasn’t compromised by meningitis she would have survived? This is an otherwise healthy 5-year old as far as we know. I just don’t agree that if you would have survived corona without an underlying condition then corona should be counted as the killer.
Its gonna be counted like HIV/AIDS, or a Hurricane in Puerto Rico.

Whoever decided to give 15% more Federal aid to the states per virus death created this problem.

So if you have heart disease, and I scare and chase you to intentionally induce a deadly heart attack, I'm not the cause of your death, right?

I am having a hard time understanding what it means to trade at a negative. Like what does that mean is going on?

It sounds like they are having to pay people to buy the futures? Or that they charging people to hold futures?

I received a message from my financial guy last night regarding this subject. I won’t share it all but here i paraphrase the key points:

0 - the media sells fake news. They have a lack of understanding of the markets and are using hyperbole to scare viewers. It’s shameful.

1 - oil is traded on futures markets

2 - traders buy contracts on a quantity of oil to be delivered at a specific place and on a specific date

3 - between the time they buy the contract and the delivery date, they have the option to sell the contact. If they don’t sell it then they must pay for and take delivery of the oil

4 - many traders never intend to take the oil. Most have no way to take it. Their goal is to sell the contract at a higher price before delivery.

5 - May 2020 contracts expired today so traders were trying to unload their contracts. They got burned by the falling price and they cannot take delivery of the oil. If they don’t fulfill their end of the contract they can be barred from future trading. So they wanted to unload them at any price.

6 - the market is not collapsing. Here are the price of futures:

May 2020 -13.10
Jun 2020 21.22
Jul 2020 26.97
Aug 2020 28.85
Sep 2020 30.01
Oct 2020 31.77
Nov 2020 32.51

7 - yesterday was a bizarre anomaly where some traders got caught with heavy bags

Just posting this to pass along the info and knowledge.

Once we discovered the numbers are inflated attributing deaths WITH C19 in addition to deaths FROM C19, I lost confidence in the data.
Yep..... did you see the antibody report from California yesterday where they stated that way more people had covid than they thought and the fatality rate would probably end up being the same or less than the flu.

It's the media's way of scaring people into thinking that more younger people are dying than what really are. In reality, there are more young people contracting the disease, yet far more 60+ are actually dying from it.

They post these anecdotal instances as if it means anything statistically.

Reactions: 508mikey
Another issue with the counting..... as long as they are given a diagnosis of covid then Med A is able to be billed in LTC facilities.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back