Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer wants a 28-day emergency powers extension for her state days after armed protesters gathered at her home over her plan to extend stay-at-home order to May 15

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is seeking an extension of the state's emergency powers, just days after armed protesters arrived at her home demanding an end to the stay-at-home order.

The state of emergency is set to expire at the end of this month, but on Monday, Whitmer said she is seeking an extension from the Republican-led Legislature.

The Democrat governor is braced for a confrontation over her constitutional powers as Republican lawmakers did not agree to a full extension of the emergency declaration request in early April.

Michigan's state of emergency is different from the stay-at-home order, which is set to continue until May 15 after it was extended on Friday and is among the toughest in the country.

Gretchen Whitmer wants emergency powers extension days after armed protesters gather at her home | Daily Mail Online

She’s a threat to citizens’ liberties and domestic security

Democrat Marcia Fudge: Coronavirus Proves ‘Systemic, Institutional Racism’ Exists in U.S.

KYLE OLSON 28 Apr 2020

During a Joe Biden campaign livestream on Monday about black Americans and coronavirus, it was only a matter of minutes before racism allegations were aired.

“Black people have always been aware of systemic and institutional racism. COVID-19 just proved to the rest of the country that it exists,” U.S. Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH) said.

Fudge said she has told people when they’ve asked why they should participate in Ohio’s delayed primary on Tuesday, “If we do not elect Joe Biden, we will not recover in my lifetime. I’m not being dramatic, I’m being honest.”

She continued, “We would never be in this place had we had a real leader in the White House. If Joe Biden were there, this would have been handled very, very differently.”

Fudge dismissed the notion black people are “predisposed” to catch the virus.

“You know, they talk about underlying health conditions, but we’re not the only people that have them. We live in a country that is obese, not just black people. Heart disease is still the number one killer in this country, not just (of) black people,” she said.

Fudge said Biden is “allowing us to interact with people about these very things.”

Democrat Marcia Fudge: Coronavirus Proves 'Systemic, Institutional Racism' Exists in U.S.

Reactions: McDad
Trump was called out today at presser for saying some time ago that we'd go to zero cases soon after we were at 15 cases. His response, shockingly was to deny having been wrong and insisted it will be zero at some point.

You know, technically he is correct. If everyone died of coronavirus then the next day the count would indeed be zero. So yay Trump.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
cb042320dAPR20200424014506.jpg

Trump was called out today at presser for saying some time ago that we'd go to zero cases soon after we were at 15 cases. His response, shockingly was to deny having been wrong and insisted it will be zero at some point.

You know, technically he is correct. If everyone died of coronavirus then the next day the count would indeed be zero. So yay Trump.
I saw a little clip of that.... that was pretty funny

I think you have states (individual liberty) rights and tyranny confused.
So you’re okay with a president inciting insurrection by saying liberate a certain state when that state is using its right to self govern? That sounds an awful lot closer to tranny to me.

Democrat Marcia Fudge: Coronavirus Proves ‘Systemic, Institutional Racism’ Exists in U.S.

KYLE OLSON 28 Apr 2020

During a Joe Biden campaign livestream on Monday about black Americans and coronavirus, it was only a matter of minutes before racism allegations were aired.

“Black people have always been aware of systemic and institutional racism. COVID-19 just proved to the rest of the country that it exists,” U.S. Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH) said.

Fudge said she has told people when they’ve asked why they should participate in Ohio’s delayed primary on Tuesday, “If we do not elect Joe Biden, we will not recover in my lifetime. I’m not being dramatic, I’m being honest.”

She continued, “We would never be in this place had we had a real leader in the White House. If Joe Biden were there, this would have been handled very, very differently.”

Fudge dismissed the notion black people are “predisposed” to catch the virus.

“You know, they talk about underlying health conditions, but we’re not the only people that have them. We live in a country that is obese, not just black people. Heart disease is still the number one killer in this country, not just (of) black people,” she said.

Fudge said Biden is “allowing us to interact with people about these very things.”

Democrat Marcia Fudge: Coronavirus Proves 'Systemic, Institutional Racism' Exists in U.S.
source.gif

So you’re okay with a president inciting insurrection by saying liberate a certain state when that state is using its right to self govern? That sounds an awful lot closer to tranny to me.

A governor telling citizens of a state that they cant buy gardening products is hardly a state self governing their rights.

Wait what ? Did you just say that “to liberate” ( liberty ) sounds like tyranny to you ? I must be taking too much cold medicine . Because that sounded really weird .

I know Pence thinks he is endearing himself to Trump voters with all of his mind boggling kissing of Trump's butt at every turn, and he is thinking of 2024. But Trump voters did not vote for him because he had good policy. They did it because he bucked all convention.

Being Trump's #1 lackey and yes man is not doing himself any favors.

I know Pence thinks he is endearing himself to Trump voters with all of his mind boggling kissing of Trump's butt at every turn, and he is thinking of 2024. But Trump voters did not vote for him because he had good policy. They did it because he bucked all convention.

Being Trump's #1 lackey and yes man is not doing himself any favors.
I am amazed how no one has employed you as a political consultant, yet. The brilliant insight you've provided for free here must be worth millions.

Wait what ? Did you just say that “to liberate” ( liberty ) sounds like tyranny to you ? I must be taking too much cold medicine . Because that sounded really weird .
Wait so you are okay with a president inciting insurrection because a governor is using their right to self governance during a pandemic?

Fair point, but recommending is a far cry from requiring. If Trump wants to recommend wearing a mask but declines to do so himself, so what?

Doctors recommend against smoking cigarettes, but an awful lot of them do it themselves.
Ok, but if you work at a job that suggests you to wear a hard hat at all times but your foreman doesn’t do it, even though it’s something everyone should do, is that a good foreman? Most would say no.

Oh, I think that goalpost just almost hit my head.

He should stay off Twitter, period.
Oh, I think that goalpost just almost hit my head.

He should stay off Twitter, period.
Didn’t move any goalposts, just restated the question.

I will concede that not being able to buy gardening products, while only a mild inconvenience, is excessive.

If the mainstream media make a mistake of fact they tend to correct it.

When Trump makes a mistake of fact, the responses, pretty much in this order, are:

1) Insist that the facts are as Trump claimed;

2) Attack those who point out that, no, the facts are not as he claimed;

3) Insist that Trump was obviously joking and being sarcastic when he gave false facts;

4) Scream "How dare you even ask this question???"
You left an important one out:

5) Trump will always play the "what-about-ism" card, even if he has to make things up in order to do it. Trump will claim (often erroneously), that President Obama, Nancy Pelosi or "Sleepy" Joe Biden either did the same thing, or perhaps even something worse. His facts are usually either embellishments, or half-truths.

* Trump is ALWAYS either in denial or deflecting, and he is NEVER responsible for anything. The buck NEVER stops with Trump. He is NEVER accountable.

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim

VN Store

Back