Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

So it looks like Abbott is gonna do the old herd immunity test. Any of the herd immunity bros wanna venture how this ends up? Given that you believe we're "approaching" herd immunity you don't foresee any additional waves and instead predict a slow, continued gradual decline in Texas cases, correct?

Just wanna get you on the record before the Texas experiment starts.

A 1.7% becomes a .255% (J&J) chance of death vs .085%(Moderna)

Remember that the US death sans Covid is already .75%

Again looking at the stats it's amazing we shut down.

And those stats for Covid are based on actual positives vs actual deaths. You take any of the likely multipliers and those numbers get even smaller.

I will continue to play the odds.

It was never about science or medicine or common sense. The country and freedom was sacrificed to go after Trump.

So it looks like Abbott is gonna do the old herd immunity test. Any of the herd immunity bros wanna venture how this ends up? Given that you believe we're "approaching" herd immunity you don't foresee any additional waves and instead predict a slow, continued gradual decline in Texas cases, correct?

Only thing I disagree with is that he and almost every other governor mandated a mask and businesses close in the first place. But I am 100% on record backing him now.

Miscarriages are fairly common with or without vaccines so you have to take that into account.

That being said, the adverse reactions including a day of moderate fever probably is not good for pregnant women, and imo, not worth the risk. My family had the virus and it was pretty mild.

Yea, if you are young enough to get pregnant you are young enough to not get the vaccine.

It is strange. It is as if our bodies our made to reproduce when they are at their peak in being able to fight and survive. So weird.

We are going to collectively look back on this in 20 years with a level head and wonder WTF we were thinking.

Many of us did this in the past year. There are literally 2 different worlds coexisting beside one another. Probably still the most amazing thing to me.

I'm looking to take a family vacation in Texas next month.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Texas will likely see a large spike in positive cases while death rate remains extremely low. As more are vaccinated and herd immunity rooks on, those numbers will fall.

Either way you will still come on here spewing Fauci backed hoping for a I told you so moment.

Reactions: LouderVol
When we booked our summer vacation several months ago, rental prices at houses we have stayed at before in the 30A area and Destin were around 25%+ higher. I think the lack of options (cruises, international travel, some states still on lockdown) have driven up costs. Supply and demand 101.
The left doesn't understand that concept. You better dumb it down.

Wave or no waves it is obvious the state of Texas is prepared to roll the dice. Some disagree with this approach, but the majority of the people in that state want their livelihoods back & a return to normalcy. Not sure about the current hospitalization COVID rates in TX but I receive the reports of positive COVID inpatients admitted at UT medical center multiple times throughout the week. As of 03/02 there were 27 positives with 25 patients awaiting results. This is a significant decrease compared to where the hospital was 3 or 4 months ago. I am not sure if this downward trend means herd immunity has arrived however the decrease is a welcomed sight.

Best answer is to just live life. I work part time in a bowling center. Never wear a mask. Never had the virus. There's a reason why sheep have to be tended. I work a primary job in an office of about 50-60, plus the production floor. We had a small outbreak that lasted about two weeks. Still never had the virus, and we haven't had anyone out with it since.

Reactions: GSD82

I think Gov Abbott is jumping the gun by about a month but I hope it works out well for them. Do you?

Reactions: volinbham
Wave or no waves it is obvious the state of Texas is prepared to roll the dice. Some disagree with this approach, but the majority of the people in that state want their livelihoods back & a return to normalcy. Not sure about the current hospitalization COVID rates in TX but I receive the reports of positive COVID inpatients admitted at UT medical center multiple times throughout the week. As of 03/02 there were 27 positives with 25 patients awaiting results. This is a significant decrease compared to where the hospital was 3 or 4 months ago. I am not sure if this downward trend means herd immunity has arrived however the decrease is a welcomed sight.

Which is how a federal system works. The lefties that are bitching don't have to go to Texas, don't have to associate with Texans, don't have to leave their homes, really don't have to do much of anything if they don't want to. Texans want to be back to normal so their government is doing what they want (shocker!).

Anyone that complains about it is useless to society.

Which is how a federal system works. The lefties that are bitching don't have to go to Texas, don't have to associate with Texans, don't have to leave their homes, really don't have to do much of anything if they don't want to. Texans want to be back to normal so their government is doing what they want (shocker!).

Anyone that complains about it is useless to society.

They can remain indoors getting fat sporting their N95 waiting for eviction.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

Who cares? Looking at this through the lens of only case counts is ridiculous. Doesn’t quality of life matter too?

Living life and making independent decisions >> Mandates and shutdowns

All day long. You want to continue to quarantine, Social distance, mask up? Go for it. Individual decisions based on individual risk assessments.

We are going to collectively look back on this in 20 years with a level head and wonder WTF we were thinking.
The people who are level headed now will look back and be more convinced. The Big Government Faithful will look back and consider how they could do more to "help" next time.

VN Store

Back