Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Look at all this Neanderthal thinking and blind redhat governership. If only they had common sense mandates in place like wearing germ rags on your face until you are seated at the restaurant, or banned many outdoor school activities.

Michigan COVID-19 cases rise for seventh consecutive week

"The state's (michigan) 492 cases per 100,000 people leads the nation, surpassing New Jersey at 328 cases per 100,000 people and New York City at 289 cases per 100,000 people, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"

Oh apparently in Michigan less than 4 cases is considered an "outbreak".

The language they use is ridiculous.

Oh and the "think of the children" mindset is coming out hard in that article.

Apparently children have seen a "surge" of cases. 1091, out of more than 2 million children. That is .05% of the under 18 population.

I still donโ€™t get why these people think that I need to be vaccinated if they have already gotten vaccinated. If the vaccine works, then they shouldnโ€™t have anything to worry about.
Let me start by saying I am all for you deciding what's best for you. But the concern is that the fewer people vaccinated the more likely a variant is able to get by a vaccine. For example:

Israeli data shows South African variant able to โ€˜break throughโ€™ Pfizer vaccine

If herd immunity is hit then the variants go away.

Reactions: ohhbother
Let me start by saying I am all for you deciding what's best for you. But the concern is that the fewer people vaccinated the more likely a variant is able to get by a vaccine. For example:

Israeli data shows South African variant able to โ€˜break throughโ€™ Pfizer vaccine

If herd immunity is hit then the variants go away.
why does it go away?

The article says the ratio of the variant is higher in people with the vaccine, than the ratio of the variant in people without a vaccine. Seems like the vaccine encourages the variant. Encourage may not be the correct word, but hopefully the point comes across.

why does it go away?

The article says the ratio of the variant is higher in people with the vaccine, than the ratio of the variant in people without a vaccine. Seems like the vaccine encourages the variant. Encourage may not be the correct word, but hopefully the point comes across.
It goes away bc of lack of communal spread. That's why HIT rate is so important. As for this particular variant it's way too early to worry IMO. But as the virus lives it can mutate more and more.

Reactions: ohhbother
It goes away bc of lack of communal spread. That's why HIT rate is so important. As for this particular variant it's way too early to worry IMO. But as the virus lives it can mutate more and more.
again the article made it seem like the vaccine was leading to more of the variant. in your scenario wouldn't you expect to see more of the variant in the UNvaccinated than the vaxxed?

again the article made it seem like the vaccine was leading to more of the variant. in your scenario wouldn't you expect to see more of the variant in the UNvaccinated than the vaxxed?
Again, I said it's way too soon to worry about the variant or the study. They even say so in their own writing. But the potential for variations is the primary concern. HIT is necessary to win.

I still donโ€™t get why these people think that I need to be vaccinated if they have already gotten vaccinated. If the vaccine works, then they shouldnโ€™t have anything to worry about.
I say everyone make their own choices and live with it either way. My guess on the push for vaccination is partly because we don't know if the Moderna or J&J stops asymptomatic spread.

My guess is, like the early data on Pfizer seems to show, is that they will greatly reduce the chance of spread to the unvaccinated. But to my knowledge, we don't have any data on those two shots yet.

You had one damn job, dementia patient. Donโ€™t screw up Trumpโ€™s vaccine plan. And look at you now. Cโ€™mon sister @evillawyer tell your boy to get his head out of his ass.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/04/09/johnson-johnson-vaccine-delays/?outputType=amp

Thanks Joe!

keeping those promises?

"It's disappointing," Kotis said. "We've been told for many months now by mid-April you will have as much vaccine as you need."

CA to only get 12% of Johnson & Johnson vaccine allotment next week as millions become eligible

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back