Les Miles wants to do away with permanant SEC opponents...

If Les doesn't like it, well, he could just leave the SEC and go coach somewhere else that is more "fair."

Reactions: 1 person
no way should they remove the tn vs bama game. i don't care what the ole ball coach or grass eaten les miles says.

Or maybe youre forgetting how spurrier speaks. He's not saying its not fair for us to have to play them because alabama is so good, hes saying its not fair for us to have to play them because we arent good enough to, bc we suck that bad.

Probably right. Knowing Spurrier's track record it was more of a shot at UT than a compliment.

I always said we are the only team that plays best two teams in the league every year and doesn't seem equal compared to the other teams.

I like our rivalry as it is....

But Les has a valid point...

It isn't fair for LSU to play Florida every year, while Bama plays UT and A&M plays Mizoo.

I am interested in playing the best in the playoffs and you dont put yourself in position to do that consistantly by playing a back breaking schedule.

Meh, to be the best you gotta beat the best. I'm sure some thought it was unfair for them when we were kicking their ass in the 90's and early 2000's. No way do I want to get rid of the yearly Alabama game!

like to play them ffffer twice a year, like sec championship game, that would be nice.:clapping:

Miles is often a blithering idiot, but he's right with this one. We'll only beat Bama once every 4 or 5 years IF Butch is a good coach because Satan will be there until he descends into The Pit and Bama has a huge recruiting advantage. I don't want to play those Nazis every frickin year. Besides, their fans are mostly turds. I would rather have a yearly rivalry with respectable fans, like Carolina's.
Wouldn't y'all like to have UGly's weak arse sked for a change?

You can't look at this as prisoners of the moment. If this were the late 90s/early 2000s, Bama would be at the disadvantage. This has always been a series of streaks. We already have enough cupcake games each year that we as fans are forced to suffer through(Austin Peay, Western KY, and South Alabama this year). The Bama, Florida and Georgia games are the 3 big games played yearly. For older fans the Bama game means the most and for most younger fans it's probably Florida. Regardless, we should never consider not playing any of these teams because one is having a good streak recently. Tradition is one of the greatest things about College Football!

Reactions: 1 person
You can't look at this as prisoners of the moment. If this were the late 90s/early 2000s, Bama would be at the disadvantage. This has always been a series of streaks. We already have enough cupcake games each year that we as fans are forced to suffer through(Austin Peay, Western KY, and South Alabama this year). The Bama, Florida and Georgia games are the 3 big games played yearly. For older fans the Bama game means the most and for most younger fans it's probably Florida. Regardless, we should never consider not playing any of these teams because one is having a good streak recently. Tradition is one of the greatest things about College Football!

Problem is, the last time UT beat a Bama team with a decent coach was when Bear coached. We were blessed to have morons like Ray Perkins and Mike DuBose roam the sidelines with their Dooleyesque presence. When Bama has a good coach, we're screwed. It's not really a rivalry. We are just an afterthought for them.

Or maybe youre forgetting how spurrier speaks. He's not saying its not fair for us to have to play them because alabama is so good, hes saying its not fair for us to have to play them because we arent good enough to, bc we suck that bad.

Always assume Spurrier means bad about Tennessee. He's a classless sack of dog crap and always will be.

I would like to see 9 conference games. Bama/UT and UGA/Auburn need to stay intact. One of the things that has made the SEC the best is we have went out of our way to keep rivalries intact. I hated it when OU/Nebraska was lost to the Big 12 division split. Now Nebraska is completely off their schedule and replaced with their stunning rivalry with West VA

The argument does carry some weight. The problem is the SEC is cut DEEP with tradition. Our tradition should never be changed. Les miles to stick his hand up his a$$ and rub that golden horseshoes that's permanently lodged there and go beat Gators. I would never under any circumstances wanna see the rivalry with bama go away. That's just silly.

Sounds like a whole lot of menstruating to me

Oh look, it's that same argument Les Miles makes every offseason...that nothing will come from

...because he doesn't want to have to play Florida

VN Store

Back