Let Them Eat Cake

Progressive Liberal Cori Bush Dished Out Massive Amount of Campaign Funds to Her Husband for Security

During a July 2021 interview with CBS News, the Squad member was pushing to de-fund the police while claiming she still needs private security.

"They would rather I die?" Bush asked. "You would rather me die? Is that what you want to see? Do you want to see me die? You know, because that could be the alternative."

She then told Americans to "suck it up" because "de-funding the police has to happen."

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
'Defund the police' AOC, 'Squad' spent $1.2M on security

"Ocasio-Cortez is second among squad members in campaign security spending, shelling out $272,914.67 since taking office in 2019.

Her expenses include nearly $2,000 for security system installations at her Queens and Bronx district offices, more than $20,000 on “internet” or “digital” security, $4,263 for office security equipment and $521 for what she noted in FEC records as “security barriers.”

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota) ranked third, spending $125,683.75 on security services since taking office in 2019.

Rounding out the rest of the squad: Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) spent $64,763; Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) $20,480; Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) $7,872; and Greg Casar (D-Texas) $1,570; while Summer Lee (D-Florida) has yet to document security spending."

"Ocasio-Cortez is second among squad members in campaign security spending, shelling out $272,914.67 since taking office in 2019.

Her expenses include nearly $2,000 for security system installations at her Queens and Bronx district offices, more than $20,000 on “internet” or “digital” security, $4,263 for office security equipment and $521 for what she noted in FEC records as “security barriers.”

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota) ranked third, spending $125,683.75 on security services since taking office in 2019.

Rounding out the rest of the squad: Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) spent $64,763; Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) $20,480; Jamaal Bowman (D-NY) $7,872; and Greg Casar (D-Texas) $1,570; while Summer Lee (D-Florida) has yet to document security spending."

I hate to defend those clowns, but at least it was paid for with campaign funds while they are in office. BUT … $750,000 by Cori Bush? Plus the hypocrisy. Especially when they surround themselves with armed security while screaming about limiting 2A rights of the commoners.

Progressive Liberal Cori Bush Dished Out Massive Amount of Campaign Funds to Her Husband for Security

During a July 2021 interview with CBS News, the Squad member was pushing to de-fund the police while claiming she still needs private security.

"They would rather I die?" Bush asked. "You would rather me die? Is that what you want to see? Do you want to see me die? You know, because that could be the alternative."

She then told Americans to "suck it up" because "de-funding the police has to happen."

"Bush’s campaign sent her husband Cortney Merritts a “wage expense” payment worth $2,500 on six different occasions from April to June 2023, according to FEC filings. Bush’s campaign also sent Merritts $2,500 for “security services” on April 3, 2023, the filings disclose. The campaign paid him five times for “security services” from January to March of 2023, Bush’s April FEC filings show."

I’m all for scrutiny of any member of Congress over stock dealings but this is nothing.

Nvidia was already a growing stock well before the CHIPS Act. Even someone like me who barely glances at the stock market was well aware of that. My 80 year old father in law was talking up Nvidia 6 months before.

Also it was public knowledge the CHIPS Act was moving through Congress and the likelyhood of becoming law was almost certain.

Honestly this sounds more like a no-brainer investment for someone with resources.

Bowman's security spending is a necessity in order to pay someone to open doors for him. We've seen the results when that person isn't present.

I’m all for scrutiny of any member of Congress over stock dealings but this is nothing.

Nvidia was already a growing stock well before the CHIPS Act. Even someone like me who barely glances at the stock market was well aware of that. My 80 year old father in law was talking up Nvidia 6 months before.

Also it was public knowledge the CHIPS Act was moving through Congress and the likelyhood of becoming law was almost certain.

Honestly this sounds more like a no-brainer investment for someone with resources.
They should be banned from stock trades. They get plenty of perks. Congress has made more millionaires than the lottery.

I don't think there's a more universally disliked poster on the board, imo.

You weren't even around for the greatest hits.

It's that time if year again, folks. You know what I'm about to quote...
I just went back to that thread to read the comments leading up to that and a few more afterwards... Yikes.

"In summary: debt, and the interest it generates, is taken on by the government selling bonds which act as promises to repay larger amounts in the future. Who buys the bonds is variable, but the ultimate way this debt is financed is through higher taxes, higher inflation, and more debt to be paid by future generations."

They will all be dead and their families will have generational wealth. The rest of us not so much.

"It's no secret that John Podesta is the person behind this moratorium," one energy industry insider told the Free Beacon. "Congress should take a very hard look at the fact that his own brother stands to financially benefit from a restriction of U.S. LNG on the global market, whether it be from his past work with the Qataris or current reported work with Russian-backed entities with interest in LNG."

"Less U.S. LNG on the global market will ensure Qatar and Russia receive hundreds of billions of dollars that would otherwise go to the U.S."

"It's no secret that John Podesta is the person behind this moratorium," one energy industry insider told the Free Beacon. "Congress should take a very hard look at the fact that his own brother stands to financially benefit from a restriction of U.S. LNG on the global market, whether it be from his past work with the Qataris or current reported work with Russian-backed entities with interest in LNG."

"Less U.S. LNG on the global market will ensure Qatar and Russia receive hundreds of billions of dollars that would otherwise go to the U.S."

Always follow the money to find out why the government did something.

Dance on whichever side of the floor you want, Nixon was right. Politics is the Beast. Basically, that the filth associated with it taints everybody.
IIRC, he also said, only those bold enough to admit it can see it, those who can't, don't want to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol

"It's leading to generalized inflation. So, not only are they ignoring the general welfare clause, which means that spending and taxation is supposed to help everyone equally – has to be for a general cause such as the national defense that we don't have for Maine or Rhode Island or Kentucky, the national defense is for everyone, it is a general cause, but when we spend it on parochial causes, when we run up this enormous deficit, it hurts us all generally," Paul said on the Senate floor on Friday.

“Inflation is a general punishment. So, I would say this bill is not for the general welfare of the country. It is for the general punishment of the country, because if it continues a $1.5 trillion deficit that leads to inflation, that causes all of us to not be able to afford food, clothing, gasoline. That's what this is. This bill is an insult to the American people. The earmarks are all the wasteful spending that you could ever hope to see, and it should be defeated," he added.

Paul's office identified 10 earmarks that caught his attention, including:
  • $4 million for a "waterfront walkway" in New Jersey;
  • $3.5 million for "Detroit’s Thanksgiving Parade float maker’s new headquarters";
  • $1.75 million for the Met (The Metropolitan Museum of Art) located in New York City;
  • $1 million for an "environmental justice center" in New York City,
  • $500,000 to be put toward gardens in San Francisco;
  • $1 million to a non-profit organization in Minnesota to "build a coffee shop and a greenhouse for refugees";
  • $1 million in assistance for San Francisco organic dairy farmers;
  • $500,000 in funding for a "cybercrime vehicle" in the Honolulu police department;
  • $1.2 million for "bike path resurfacing in Rhode Island"; and
  • $209,000 for "HVAC replacement for the Charles Town Opera House" in West Virginia."

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back