Let Us Leave Germany

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
As a kid I lived in Germany as my father was a soldier in the Army. Now it appears that President Trump is finally pulling our troops out of this anti US European trash country. Thank You President Trump from all of the other kids that had to spend part of their youth treated like crap by the Germans. FU Nato, FU Eurotrash!

As a kid I lived in Germany as my father was a soldier in the Army. Now it appears that President Trump is finally pulling our troops out of this anti US European trash country. Thank You President Trump from all of the other kids that had to spend part of their youth treated like crap by the Germans. FU Nato, FU Eurotrash!

What part of Germany and for how long?

Trump is supposed to take over Europe. I must say, he really doesn't understand his role as an alleged fascist!

I've advocated doing so for years. Reduce military spending? Let Europe spend her own sheckels on their defense. If Russia comes in unprovoked, we'll help, but if they screw up thinking big brother going to stand-in, screw 'em. Sober them up.

It could have been worse, you could have been stuck in France.

The National Defense Strategy prioritizes the forward presence of American forces. The NDS emphasizes a posture of deterrence by denial, which seeks to deny adversaries their attempted conquests in the first place. Cutting our forces in Germany not only reduces our forward presence and our ability to deter aggression in Europe and around the world but it will end up costing us more. Alliances are fragile and make no mistake, we need the Germans every bit as much as they need us. I’m looking forward to the policy being reversed and V Corps headquarters at Fort Knox being moved to Germany.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
The National Defense Strategy prioritizes the forward presence of American forces. The NDS emphasizes a posture of deterrence by denial, which seeks to deny adversaries their attempted conquests in the first place. Cutting our forces in Germany not only reduces our forward presence and our ability to deter aggression in Europe and around the world but it will end up costing us more. Alliances are fragile and make no mistake, we need the Germans every bit as much as they need us. I’m looking forward to the policy being reversed and V Corps headquarters at Fort Knox being moved to Germany.
You and your ideology will soon be in the dustheap of history. We can no longer maintain our empire and maintain wealth and stability at home, else we will end up like the Romans and collapse from within.

It absolutely does not. I was stationed in Europe. The deter aggression is a cold war relic used to justify the presence in many of those countries. It got Iceland shut down once people realized it served zero purpose after the cold war and was a giant waste of money. So pray tell what "Aggression" do you think the forces in Germany are assisting in preventing?

You and your ideology will soon be in the dustheap of history. We can no longer maintain our empire and maintain wealth and stability at home, else we will end up like the Romans and collapse from within.
Yes the ideology of Realism, pragmatism and effective and meaningful foreign policy that promotes and protects liberal democracy.

It's not 1962 anymore. We have QRF that can be any place in the world in 24 hours. We have satellites that can see a mouse fart. We have nuclear carriers that can cover massive ranges. The element of surprise in conventional warfare is gone. A tank division in Germany doesn't deter action. The technology advancements of the last 50 years deter that nicely.

VN Store

Back