Lindsay interviewed, Freeze/Drinkwitz on leaderboard, hoping 24-48 hours for hire (Brice)

Heard the same. Also Heard there was a team meeting that was rather loud, you're either with me or against me and if you're against I'll help you leave now kind of thing.

True. Pruitt isn’t messin’around. I was certain this “purge” talk over the past week was a bit exaggerated but I was wrong. Team banquet is this Sunday...expect to see some farewells.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Why is drinkwitz a candidate to be an sec oc? I just read his bio and it is a complete joke. I can’t imagine he has called plays against a great defense like he will see in the sec. does anybody know how this dude is a candidate or why? I don’t get it.

Think it was obvious he was referring to Kendal. If anyone sees or hears from Art Briles in the public, it will be close to Armageddon

Or.....Ryan Day takes another job and Urban hires Art Briles to replace him.

Assuming of course that Urban doesn't get another headache and decide to quit for a year again.

One of the radio guys compared hiring Freeze to the hiring of Shoop. Butch wasn’t willing to let Shoop fire the assistants currently on staff and it sounds like the administration isn’t willing to let Freeze fire any of the current assistants on staff. They thought the hold up Freeze deciding whether he can work with the current offensive staff. TIFWIW

Reactions: JacketVol
One of the radio guys compared hiring Freeze to the hiring of Shoop. Butch wasn’t willing to let Shoop fire the assistants currently on staff and it sounds like the administration isn’t willing to let Freeze fire any of the current assistants on staff. They thought the hold up Freeze deciding whether he can work with the current offensive staff. TIFWIW
I figured the offensive staff was pretty solid. I mean receivers played well this year, tight ends on in the passing game, hard to tell how much more they could have been used with such a bad offensive line. Running backs did as much as they could. I guess you still need to be comfortable with who your working with.

Why is drinkwitz a candidate to be an sec oc? I just read his bio and it is a complete joke. I can’t imagine he has called plays against a great defense like he will see in the sec. does anybody know how this dude is a candidate or why? I don’t get it.
Who were East Carolina’s regular adversaries when Lincoln Riley was doing his comedy routine for them?

I figured the offensive staff was pretty solid. I mean receivers played well this year, tight ends on in the passing game, hard to tell how much more they could have been used with such a bad offensive line. Running backs did as much as they could. I guess you still need to be comfortable with who your working with.
I would agree but maybe they teach things differently or use diffferent terminology. Freeze would essentially be teaching not only the players but the coaches also.

Probably the same reason Locksley got his shot last year at Bama and maybe the same reason that other 1st time guys get there shots in the SEC. Cause a coach who knows what he's looking for is cool with giving him a shot, like the chance he got before he actually become a head coach. JMO

Clemson? Notre Dame?

VN Store

Back