Lindsay interviewed, Freeze/Drinkwitz on leaderboard, hoping 24-48 hours for hire (Brice)

The ONLY problem with Freeze is that he could be a 1 and Done coach...........so, I don't that is what you want when trying to establish and sustain success !!

You take the 1 and done risk. If he gets us winning next year then recruit will see progress and the snowball will be running. Saban has had like 10 coordinators on both sides of the ball in his tenure.

If Pruitt tries to roll out Chip Lindsey after the Freeze tease, this fan base will turn on him like a cobra on an Indian with a jammed flute.
Pruitt hasn't even spoke about the OC to the press to my knowledge. I'm asking you where do you come up with the idea we're being "teased"? Fulmer hasn't made a statement about Freeze. This is playing out in the media. You're full of it in my opinion and I don't see anyone turning on Pruitt. He just got Bailey as a solid committment and many more will climb on board. These kids are stating and seeing that Pruitt is serious business about bringing the Vols back.

Sources indicate that boosters were in Fulmer’s ear after that Vandy loss and that he himself was displeased with Pruitt. Lit a fire so to speak. Let’s hope it translates to a nice hire.
I don’t believe this at all, boosters or Phil would not want Pruitt gone after just one year

Reactions: bpalmer28
I don’t believe this at all, boosters or Phil would not want Pruitt gone after just one year
It's BS, Fulmer is in full support of Pruitt, they aren't canning anyone after 1 season. They knew this year was going to be rough, they are watching how we are recruiting. I guarantee they aren't after Pruitt. Nothing but pure BS. GBO!!!!!

There’s nothing in there about firing. The fire emphasis is on getting the right person in here for ignition.

Geez Louise! Freeze isn't going anywhere until after November 30, 2018 and all the NCAA stuff is gone. It doesn't have anything to do with the SEC championship game.
Lindsey's retention bonus comes due Dec.1 I think I recently read. Parting ways with AU seem to be in his best interests so he won't officially sign any contract prior to Dec. 1 and just walk away from $100K. If he is indeed our next OC this could very well be the reason for waiting to announce. Likely to be announced Sun. Dec. 2

When has he screwed us over? Curious of the specifics

Sexton was the one dropping hints that Butch would be interested in the Michigan job after 2014. This forced UT to give him an extension and a massive buyout.

Sexton has used our coaching vacancy in 2012 and 2017 to get his clients raises by having them act interested in the job. This has wasted our time interviewing and vetting prospects that were never actually interested in leaving their current job.

Sexton was the one dropping hints that Butch would be interested in the Michigan job after 2014. This forced UT to give him an extension and a massive buyout.

Sexton has used our coaching vacancy in 2012 and 2017 to get his clients raises by having them act interested in the job. This has wasted our time interviewing and vetting prospects that were never actually interested in leaving their current job.
That not the case at all. Sexton wasn't even Butch's agent until 2017, so he had no influence over the Butch to Michigan in '14 rumblings.

Reactions: butchna and hep
I think hes right in the middle of it. I just think he turns us down. He knows he has the bammer offer in his back pocket.
I seriously dont think he wants to go to Bama and butt heads with the midget.. Just dont see him coaching UNDER a guy he beat, more than once.. JMO tho and money talks

Last edited:
Pruitt hasn't even spoke about the OC to the press to my knowledge. I'm asking you where do you come up with the idea we're being "teased"? Fulmer hasn't made a statement about Freeze. This is playing out in the media. You're full of it in my opinion and I don't see anyone turning on Pruitt. He just got Bailey as a solid committment and many more will climb on board. These kids are stating and seeing that Pruitt is serious business about bringing the Vols back.
Does it really matter whose mouth the information came from? Luckily, it doesn't look like we will find out how wrong you are.

I seriously dont think he wants to go to Bama and butt heads with the midget.. Just dont see him coaching UNDER a guy he beat, more than once.. JMO tho and money talk

Agreed..He's not going to Ala..If Locksley goes to Maryland, Dan Enos is their next OC.

It's impossible to debate assumptions, especially when the 1st one is a total falsehood! You might want to review when Sexton and gym coach Jones 1st got acquainted. You ASSUME Sexton has done these things but offer zero proof, sorry but it doesn't work that way.

VN Store

Back