Lindsay interviewed, Freeze/Drinkwitz on leaderboard, hoping 24-48 hours for hire (Brice)

You very well could be right, but the bama job really doesn't bring anything to Freeze's resume. Any of us could be the OC of bama and do pretty well.

Correct the OC at bama is like a five star basketball player, one an done. Seriously how many OC's has Saban had at bama. There were three consecutive years with a new OC

Does anyone think it might have to do with CJP hiring Propst as QB coach and Freeze as OC. I would think that if this was the case, which I have heard several suggest, then Propst would want to at least get through tonight ( they play in the high school semi-finals in GA tonight) before an announcement ???

We don't have enough on the field positions to do that unless someone else left.

Freeze2.jpg

batman53.jpg

Good with either.

The risk with Freeze is compliance and that he might be gone after 1 year. The positives are really that he is the only real "home run" hire out there and would instantly add credibility as well as a scheme that has been effective against our rivals.

Lindsey seems solid and less of a chance he would get a head coaching gig after 1 year. To me his risk is I am not sure he or Malzahn have been the cause of offensive woes. I don't count him as a home run hire, but better than most on the list. I look at him as more proven than Helton was and can recruit in the SEC, but not as proven of a commodity as Freeze.

I think that the Freeze only folks on here have a really distorted view of the fan base. If Freeze is not hired there will not be a melt down by the base. A majority, perhaps a significant majority, are only just aware that we have an opening let alone who the candidates are. The minority is divided by the Freeze only, most anyone but Freeze (or Petrino, and a few others), and on here perhaps half a dozen others with some name recognition.

Personally, I don't want anyone with baggage or who will likely be one and done. Neither CJP nor ADPF have sought my input so I'll leave it in their hands to do what'd best for the program.

Sources indicate that boosters were in Fulmer’s ear after that Vandy loss and that he himself was displeased with Pruitt. Lit a fire so to speak. Let’s hope it translates to a nice hire.
Why would Fulmer be upset with Pruitt? Wasnt he aware it was the players fault?

If Pruitt tries to roll out Chip Lindsey after the Freeze tease, this fan base will turn on him like a cobra on an Indian with a jammed flute.

I remember seeing a snake charmer in India who billed himself as the Mother of all Fakirs.

VN Store

Back