Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

More work going on today. Word is that they are adding 2 rows of seats inside the wall down the right field line and probably the left field line new seats will be closer than they were. They will be really expensive seats that get you up and personal with the players. Hoping they save a couple for me but don't think I can afford them. If not I hope I get to keep my place on the wall for one more year then I can sit wherever. Hopefully, after this year, just there to support a coach.

More work going on today. Word is that they are adding 2 rows of seats inside the wall down the right field line and probably the left field line new seats will be closer than they were. They will be really expensive seats that get you up and personal with the players. Hoping they save a couple for me but don't think I can afford them. If not I hope I get to keep my place on the wall for one more year then I can sit wherever. Hopefully, after this year, just there to support a coach.
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was under the impression that the additional seats were coming after next season? Any Idea how many seats they are adding for next season or is this project in the pictures not expected to be complete for next season?

I was under the impression that the additional seats were coming after next season? Any Idea how many seats they are adding for next season or is this project in the pictures not expected to be complete for next season?

I'm just guessing here, but given that the area in question is literally part of the playing field, those lowest seats along the baselines will have to be completed before we play ball this coming season.

They will. The foul territory will get smaller and I think area outside hitting facility will be seats this year with seats on top of it also. I’m told some spaces will be temporary seating this year but the ground work needed for next steps will be done under them.
Right on. I'm probably far enough down the waitlist that it won't matter. Furthermore have a 2 year old so if I have to wait 2 years he will sit still better in a few years anyway.

They will. The foul territory will get smaller and I think area outside hitting facility will be seats this year with seats on top of it also. I’m told some spaces will be temporary seating this year but the ground work needed for next steps will be done under them.
It’s the infrastructure that takes time. Seems like they would push to complete as opposed to installing anything temporarily.

Reactions: Ned Land
Right on. I'm probably far enough down the waitlist that it won't matter. Furthermore have a 2 year old so if I have to wait 2 years he will sit still better in a few years anyway.
T ball is right around the corner!

"I know people expected to see construction as soon as the program really started to have significant success and it doesn't work that way," Vitello said. "It is an absolute grind and it's a process that comes with a lot of paperwork and people lobbying and raising money and there's too many people to list that we need to be thankful for. But probably the biggest group is the players that have come before this team."

Under the longterm plan, Lindsey Nelson Stadium's seating capacity will increase to more than 6,100 permanent seats with the option to add standing-room access for 1,600 fans. Lindsey Nelson Stadium's current capacity is approximately 4,250 before standing-room only seating. The project places an emphasis on adding new premium seating options.

"I know people expected to see construction as soon as the program really started to have significant success and it doesn't work that way," Vitello said. "It is an absolute grind and it's a process that comes with a lot of paperwork and people lobbying and raising money and there's too many people to list that we need to be thankful for. But probably the biggest group is the players that have come before this team."

Under the longterm plan, Lindsey Nelson Stadium's seating capacity will increase to more than 6,100 permanent seats with the option to add standing-room access for 1,600 fans. Lindsey Nelson Stadium's current capacity is approximately 4,250 before standing-room only seating. The project places an emphasis on adding new premium seating options.

Glad to see progress being made. Even better is seeing Tony V sound like he's on board with how things are going. If Tony V is happy, all is well.

VN Store

Back