Lindsey Nelson Stadium,

As for other construction, we do think they are going to start something at Lindsey Nelson Stadium in September, but no equipment has rolled in yet and nothing has been marked off.

Cut and pasted from volquest war room.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was by there on Tuesday. Nothing going on. Certainly not worth a drive over unless you are going to HR derby before the game tomorrow

Eh, I'm always downtown on Friday's and I like the occassional buzz through campus just to see what's going on.

But yeah, nothing other than the temp bleachers being disassembled and moved.

Please don't take this the wrong way. If I am wrong, please just inform me not bash me. I've never understood why the stadium was named after Lindsay Nelson. From everything I have been able to read, he never had anything to do with baseball so why is the baseball stadium named after him? He was a football announcer so I don't get why the baseball stadium is named after a football person. Again, just trying to learnt something today. Looks like the baseball stadium would be named after a baseball person and he would be given tribute at the football field or complex in some way.
He was an announcer for the Mets...apparently the Giants too.

VN Store

Back