Looking on Ticketmaster... Crazy prices

OrngeJuiceJones

And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.

And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.

Yeah, we were hoping to go down again this year for a game, but the prices are ridiculous, especially for Florida and Alabama. Not knowing the game times in advance really sucks as well. We lucked out last year with a 3:30 start for A&M, but I'd hate to get stuck with a night game.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Remember that buyers control the market.. don't pay those insane prices. Love my Vols but at 400 per I'll be watching from home with friends.

Unfortunately the university has favored these resellers for a long time. Really wish they would crackdown as season ticket demand has increased. Why not limit individuals to 6 tickets total?

Why are you upset about getting scalped. The UT ticket office itself has been calling people trying to sell season tickets and telling the prospective buyers that they can get a ton of money for the Alabama and Florida games that will pay for the rest of their season tickets! It's a clown world out there!

Watching the games on television is a lot cheaper.

Why are you upset about getting scalped. The UT ticket office itself has been calling people trying to sell season tickets and telling the prospective buyers that they can get a ton of money for the Alabama and Florida games that will pay for the rest of their season tickets! It's a clown world out there!
That's not what the email said...they're cracking down on that*

*supposedly

Reactions: feathersax
Ticketmaster is the largest season ticket owner at Tennessee & most other venues. The sellers have figured out a way to get their money & TM can make a profit. Only risk is if the ā€œPruitt yearsā€ return.

Who is getting calls like that?

This was in an email sent yesterday to season tickets holders:

"Tickets purchased for the purpose of resale by an individual or a business may be canceled and refunded at the discretion of Tennessee Athletics."

Completely opposite of what you're claiming.

That's not what the email said...they're cracking down on that*

*supposedly
I hope they do. Was hoping to do a tailgate or 2 this fall, big tailgate like I used to and invite everyone... Doesn't look good right now. These prices are pure crazy. Especially parking.

not sure if they still do them ,its been a few years since I bought tickets thru the ut tix office but they use to do a mini pack of season tix very reasonable u got 2 conf game your choice and 1 ooc game .

They are the Masters of gouging. Ut's Ticket Office should find a way to prohibit this. However, When I order extra tickets through the Ticket Office, the tickets are bought through a Ticket Master account. This is not a very "Fan friendly" avenue to buy tickets. I sometimes wonder if UT gets a cut of the inflated prices?

Reactions: fullmetalvol

VN Store

Back