Looking on Ticketmaster... Crazy prices

Paid 1200 for 4 last year to take my 6&10 year old to there first game. Cheapest tickets I could find after months of searching. It was worth it. Trying to find 4 more this year becuase they wont to go to a game on fall break but they are even higher

You have no idea who is actually using the ticket though
Yeah cuz the ticket is assigned to your ID, they scan ticket, scan ID, it matches, you can enter. You can connect the ticket to up to 5 people (where I’ve seen it) so if you can’t go it can still be used by someone you know, but it stops people from buying up a **** ton of tickets and price gauging.

Reactions: 08Vol
Yeah cuz the ticket is assigned to your ID, they scan ticket, scan ID, it matches, you can enter. You can connect the ticket to up to 5 people (where I’ve seen it) so if you can’t go it can still be used by someone you know, but it stops people from buying up a **** ton of tickets and price gauging.
Do you think checking 100,000+ IDs at the gate might cause some delays in getting people into the stadium in under a couple hours?

And who's training all the gate staff to recognize legitimate IDs?

Lulz

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
And attach your name to them, with a list of a few alternatives. So if you can’t go to the game, you can give your ticket to family or a friend on your list, and they can pay you whatever, but you can’t sell to unknown third parties for profit. If the person isn’t on your list, they can’t get in with your ticket.
Just say you hate capitalism and America lol

Just say you hate capitalism and America lol
Capitalism? I don't consider predatory acts like creating false scarcity by Hoovering up ticket availability and then price gouging the average fan into oblivion as capitalism! Thats not providing legitimate goods and services in a free market! Its nothing more than succubus greed! The FTC needs to be investigating this!

I absolutely believe in a free market, capitalist society! But there will always be "robber barons" looking to screw over the average citizen. Even capitalism needs regulating in certain situations and this is definitely one of them!

I get it. I'm just old and have done the in person thing to the point that it just isn't worth the time, effort, money etc. I know, old man screaming at clouds...

I absolutely get your point, and it's a valid one. I hadn't been back to Knoxville since being in school in the early '80's for myriad reasons, and was determined to take my wife to a game last season. We spent way too much on a pair for the A&M game, but the experience was well worth it, for her to see what all the fuss was about. Seeing her screaming on 3rd downs was worth the price of admission.

That said, it might be a one-off given the even sillier prices now. Going to a single game from out of town is a lot of hassle, with the travel, the ticket prices, the parking, awful bench seating with too many people shoehorned into a single row, and traffic getting out of town afterward. You can do a week's vacation for less than we spent for the four days. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with all that for a sporting event, as memorable and as much fun as we had last year.

Capitalism? I don't consider predatory acts like creating false scarcity by Hoovering up ticket availability and then price gouging the average fan into oblivion as capitalism! Thats not providing legitimate goods and services in a free market! Its nothing more than succubus greed! The FTC needs to be investigating this!

I absolutely believe in a free market, capitalist society! But there will always be "robber barons" looking to screw over the average citizen. Even capitalism needs regulating in certain situations and this is definitely one of them!

Totally agree. The problem, not just for sports but all events, is the virtual monopoly of Ticketmaster and how all the sports and entertainment industries have sold their souls to this cabal, and then doubled down by dealing with the aftermarket scams like StubHub and Vivid Seats. I'm sure there are more than a few politicians on both sides lining their pockets and protecting this group of criminals.

Do you think checking 100,000+ IDs at the gate might cause some delays in getting people into the stadium in under a couple hours?

And who's training all the gate staff to recognize legitimate IDs?
Yeah i think they can do it quickly with mobile scanners, they can scan before you get to the front of the line. I’ve seen it in 60-70k seat stadiums and it went smoothly… IDs wouldn’t be a big worry, since they’re scanning them. A few people will have a scannable fake but not enough to worry about it, imo. plus, concession staff confiscates fakes all the time in Neyland. Can’t be that hard to spot.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Summer prices...let see where these are in October

View attachment 665322
Jesus, I’m sorry but I’ve seen the Vols crap the bed in person, even when favored, too many times over the last 2 decades to spend that much on a single ticket. What’s better than spending over $1K on a ticket to watch us play UF? Getting to try and convince yourself it was money well spent after then game when our receivers forgot how to catch and our defenders forgot how to tackle.

Reactions: WillisWG
I enjoy having tailgates and inviting everyone. They've priced me out for a lot of sports.

I have never been to one of your tailgates, but if my memory is correct you use Parking deck G10 I think.

I would assume those parking passes are VERY expensive and probably not available anyway.

My question .... Is ALL tailgating on UT property controlled and you must pay for the space?

VN Store

Back