Looking on Ticketmaster... Crazy prices

Remember that buyers control the market.. don't pay those insane prices. Love my Vols but at 400 per I'll be watching from home with friends.

Unfortunately the university has favored these resellers for a long time. Really wish they would crackdown as season ticket demand has increased. Why not limit individuals to 6 tickets total?
But it is only a true „market“ if there is competition. Ticketmaster excercises near monopoly power.

Ticketmaster is the largest season ticket owner at Tennessee & most other venues. The sellers have figured out a way to get their money & TM can make a profit. Only risk is if the “Pruitt years” return.
I received an email yesterday from UT stating that if I continually sold my season tickets online at inflated prices, the University has the right to take my tickets and refund the money. I never sell my tickets. I wonder if this applies to Ticketmaster? I wonder how many tickets Ticketmaster has in Neyland? One thing that I can guarantee after my experience with stadium renovations and wait list is that the University is for sale to the highest bidder right now. My money spends just like everyone else's, but you are just a number if you're outside the top 200 donors.

Last edited:
And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.
I may make a call and ask this question when I get some time. This was suppose to stop.

Yea, just bought 2 tickets for me and my daughter for the Miss State game. Double the price I paid last year (for worse tickets), probably because they are resale tickets. Other than the overall experience of going to a game, and visiting Knoxville the overall value is lost to me. One of the "benefits" of being a winning team again, can't wait to see what happens when we actually make it to or win an SEC Championship and/or National Championship.

Get on here and find tickets. Has worked for me for years. Get to meet fellow Vol fans too
Actually I am looking for someone to sell me tickets below face, and drive by and pick me up on the way to the stadium. Must have good parking spots. Would work best if they use Old Knox/Old Maryville Pike as stadium route. I could jump in to a slow moving vehicle. Would not require they provide my food and drink!

Looking forward to an avalanche of offers to sift through. Tick Tick Tick…..

too many people are buying extra season tickets to resale at double the price

TN just updates their Ticket terms and conditions to state tickets for the purchase of resale may be cancelled or refunded. I have a feeling they may start/try to start cracking down on some of this

Reactions: 08Vol and CPA
But it is only a true „market“ if there is competition. Ticketmaster excercises near monopoly power.

Fact. Between the scalpers and the ticket brokers, there is no competition. Their ability to corner the available tickets, combined with Tennessee's success stoking demand, is why prices are so high.

The large corporate ticket brokers are a plague on humanity, make no mistake. The definition of a middle man grift. Anyone who thinks them beneficial should ask themselves how they'd feel about a middle man for any other normal product. Imagine a guy outside the grocery store, having bought all the meat, selling it for 500% of the original price. "Oh but I help you get the meat you want when you want it! I make it more conveeeeenient!" Uh huh. Sure. It's a hustle. Plain and simple. One that the government should have addressed ages ago.

At least in the old days of individual scalpers, there was some degree of variability. You could have them compete against each other. It was predatory but not nearly so vicious. Once technology made it possible for them to collude and more fully manipulate supply and demand, the gig was up.

Seems to be a common theme across the SEC this season. New playoff format, added TX and OU. Not sure what's pushing prices but it's happening everywhere.

And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.

:::whispers::: UT sells a not insignificant number 'season tickets' to large scale ticket broker operations (with ticketmaster's help and blessing).

I'll spare you the pages long essay on how awful that corporation is.

Its I wish someone like Adam Sparks or another writer would actually dig into it and expose it.

Unfortunately some re-sellers on here too. Or at least was the case the last few years.
Yeah, I’ve noticed that. I have just had good luck with football, basketball and baseball tickets actually making contact with somebody and establishing a rapport with them. Gotten fair deals on tickets. Maybe it’s because I live 3 hours away and don’t get to attend games but maybe once a year 🤷‍♂️
Last year, I was able to get 2 tix on a Thursday for the UConn game and bring my son. I know it was UConn, but I’d watch the Vols play Pellissippi State CC if I could get to see em in person. We started early, made a day of it. Went to Volunteer Village, VolShop, stayed until the clock hit 00:00 and then went to Calhoun’s and got ribs afterwards.
It was dark when we left home and dark when we got back.
He still talks about that game 🙂
I’ve been to some big games, the biggest being the ‘04 Florida game. Paid $100 for that ticket. Worth every penny.
I have found that the prices become more reasonable the closer it is to game time 🤷‍♂️

I received an email yesterday from UT stating that if I continually sold my season tickets online at inflated prices, the University has the right to take my tickets and refund the money. I never sell my tickets. I wonder if this applies to Ticketmaster? I wonder how many tickets Ticketmaster has in Neyland? One thing that I can guarantee after my experience with stadium renovations and wait list is that the University is for sale to the highest bidder right now. My money spends just like everyone else's, but you are just a number if you're outside the top 200 donors.
They’re partners. Ticketmaster does not want competitors. We’re just customers. Different rules.

I'm going to the NC STATE game for $144 a ticket. It was the most affordable option for me and my group. We got a hotel near the LYNX rail station, which has 26 stops with all types of food and shopping within walking distance of all stops. It's not an SEC game, but I'm going to have a BLAST in Charlotte!

Who is getting calls like that?

This was in an email sent yesterday to season tickets holders:

"Tickets purchased for the purpose of resale by an individual or a business may be canceled and refunded at the discretion of Tennessee Athletics."

Completely opposite of what you're claiming.
A poster in one of the other threads last week shared that the salesperson told him that in the convo @ buying seasons. Don't shoot the messenger.

VN Store

Back