Looking on Ticketmaster... Crazy prices

Think tickets are bad? Here are the PER NIGHT rates for some downtown hotels on Alabama weekend:

Embassy Suites - $2,380
Cumberland House - $1,631
Hampton Inn - $1,034
Residence Inn - $1,031
Hilton - $987
Crowne Plaza - $940
I saw some ridiculous hotels. Com prices too.... Not gonna bring up politics but good lord it's bad

I posted this in the ticket forum recently …
I was looking at Ticketmaster to check prices and fees etc. I looked up the Alabama resell prices. If I listed a ticket to sell for $391, I would get paid $332. Seller fees would be $58.65. Ticketmaster then lists that ticket price as $465. They collect $75.28 in buyer fees.
So if I sold 4 tickets at $391, I would receive $1,329.40. The buyer would have to pay $1,963.54 total with taxes and fees. Ticketmaster would collect $535.71 in fees on the transaction from the seller & buyer. Crazy!
Be the way, the cheapest price for a ticket when buying 4 for Alabama is listed at $416 each on Ticketmaster.

As far as hotel prices, reservations need to be made months in advance. Most don't require a 2 night stay and if you book directly with the hotel, there is a cancelation clause. Once game times are set, you can decide what to cancel. Since I'm also a Titan's season ticket holder, travel can be interesting at times. It also helps to build a relationship with local hotel staff despite corporate control.

we were gonna drive up from Chattanooga for a SEC game, decided on Kentucky. After looking at the scalpers prices on Ticketmaster we cancelled plans.
Instead of attending football games in Neyland, I've decided to support UT sports by going to some hockey games instead. Just as entertaining at far more reasonable prices! I'll watch football from the comfort of my livingroom!

Reactions: fullmetalvol
Remember that buyers control the market.. don't pay those insane prices. Love my Vols but at 400 per I'll be watching from home with friends.

Unfortunately the university has favored these resellers for a long time. Really wish they would crackdown as season ticket demand has increased. Why not limit individuals to 6 tickets total?
And attach your name to them, with a list of a few alternatives. So if you can’t go to the game, you can give your ticket to family or a friend on your list, and they can pay you whatever, but you can’t sell to unknown third parties for profit. If the person isn’t on your list, they can’t get in with your ticket.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
And attach your name to them, with a list of a few alternatives. So if you can’t go to the game, you can give your ticket to family or a friend on your list, and they can pay you whatever, but you can’t sell to unknown third parties for profit. If the person isn’t on your list, they can’t get in with your ticket.
How would they police that? Check IDs on the way in? It sucks that people are charging triple for their tickets, but the University has already made money on the tickets and probably making even more when they’re listed on Ticketmaster. You’ll find people who are genuinely selling for reasonable prices, but tickets and donation go up every year for everyone

Reactions: 08Vol and apsuhead
And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.
The folks that run these computer generated purchasing sites make a good living in the ticket resale market. They deal in big buckets. The sad thing is, the individuals that want to go to one game just for the experience can’t. Not affordable any more. UT won’t do anything about it because most of these resellers are also big donors. Just another way to make more money. “Gotta have money to make money,” as the old motto goes.

I'm going to the NC STATE game for $144 a ticket. It was the most affordable option for me and my group. We got a hotel near the LYNX rail station, which has 26 stops with all types of food and shopping within walking distance of all stops. It's not an SEC game, but I'm going to have a BLAST in Charlotte!
The venues sell tickets on resale sites also

I was looking at Ticketmaster to check prices and fees etc. I looked up the Alabama resell prices. If I listed a ticket to sell for $391, I would get paid $332. Seller fees would be $58.65. Ticketmaster then lists that ticket price as $465. They collect $75.28 in buyer fees.
So if I sold 4 tickets at $391, I would receive $1,329.40. The buyer would have to pay $1,963.54 total with taxes and fees. Ticketmaster would collect $535.71 in fees on the transaction from the seller & buyer. Crazy!
Be the way, the cheapest price for a ticket when buying 4 for Alabama is listed at $416 each on Ticketmaster.

It's a complete scam, a predatory experience operated by ethically bankrupt pricks who contribute nothing of value to the process.

The real sobering thought, though, is this. If the schools and government wanted to put a stop to it, they could. They could put the tickets back in the hands of fans at reasonable prices in an instant if they really wanted to. And yet, they don't. Probably not hard to guess why.

How would they police that? Check IDs on the way in? It sucks that people are charging triple for their tickets, but the University has already made money on the tickets and probably making even more when they’re listed on Ticketmaster. You’ll find people who are genuinely selling for reasonable prices, but tickets and donation go up every year for everyone
Mobile scanners and it’d be easy, they do it in other countries and it works well and it eliminates professional scalpers who drive up prices more and faster than would otherwise happen

Yeah, and it's pretty pathetic that as soon as you complete a purchase for tickets on Ticketmaster, StubHub, or wherever, you immediately get an email about selling those same tickets. They're looking for the double-dip right out of the gate.

Mobile scanners and it’d be easy, they do it in other countries and it works well and it eliminates professional scalpers who drive up prices more and faster than would otherwise happen
You have no idea who is actually using the ticket though

Have all the "resellers" that were offering their tickets for sale just outside Neyland and on The Strip gone? Dismissed by police? Persecuted and tortured?

And also, how are entire rows for sale? These are are resale tickets, so how are scalpers or sellers getting entire rows? Lower level and upper deck?! I mean there's thousands of resale seats every home game and tons are entire rows. And the prices being asked is absolute nut job. I thought UT was looking into this? It's somewhat infuriating.
Can you really beat a 70" screen, beverage of choice, halftime steak, a nice cigar, and taking a whiz with no line?

Can you really beat a 70" screen, beverage of choice, halftime steak, a nice cigar, and taking a whiz with no line?
Yes

d6e20787366efeac0e631425f5ff8c62

VN Store

Back