Lots of chatter about #12 at QB today

I think it will be Worley starting but he's going to be on a short leash. Peterman has a lot to prove coming back to his home state. Maybe that alone will get him fired up to have a good game if he gets the shot to play

This is what I think also. I doubt Jones will throw a QB who has never started into the swamp immediately, but if Worley doesn't produce he has maybe two drives and then it's Peterman.

But we will see...

This. Opening up conference play. If the play book doesn't open up then I'm going to be a little less optimistic. I've been hangin onto this idea that just maybe this is when we see something.
Exactly. It would be fair to say that UF would be caught off guard.

What If Worley is the best we have? What if none of the QB's are all that great? What makes everyone think that the guy who couldn't win the starting job in practice, is going to go into the swamp, against that defense and light it up? People need to get real.

True. That's a tough place for Johnny Football.

QB is just one of our many problems. Don't get me wrong, I hope someone else plays and is the next coming of Peyton, but it's probably not going to happen.

That was a quick change of tune

Hope Peterman doesn't start even if the intent is to let him play most of the game. Let him watch a series or two and calm down before going in.

The first 2 series of a games on offense are usually scripted for that reason.

Worley seems to be a great practice player but can't translate that to gameday. Peterman may be the opposite..too early to tell. I do know that it's hard to prove yourself when you rarely get snaps at practice with the 1's. If Worley starts I hope something clicks for him and he starts hitting guys between the #'s. Whoever it is it's all Orange.

Even CBJ stated that the guy that made less mistakes would play earlier. Worley has done that job. Now that the season is going, its obvious that CBJ doesn't have much faith that Worley will get wins, so he opened it up. Protecting the football and still losing helps none. IMO Peterman brings a more talented skill set than Worley.

No one.... including Jones.... knows who the "first" best QB is yet. Practice tells only so much. At some point, a guy has to prove he can get it done when the lights come on.

Peterman may be the best QB... could be Ferguson. In spite of the apparent fall from favor, it could still be Dobbs. Maybe the lights will finally come on for Worley.

We don't know... what we don't know.

don't think he has so much fallen from favor....it's just that bad ole meanies at the NCAA will only let us put 70 peoples on that big plane to fly down there...

Worley show me something that says you are a read option quarterback and I will be ok with you being the "best" qb on the team. Otherwise, someone else that actually fits the system should be in there.

VN Store

Back