LSU vs USC SUDDENLY has my interest...

d19045ca3f87316061ec15419f292ac1.gif

I am definitely not going to get overly excited by polls in week 1. Now if we come out of Oklahoma 4 and 0; then the polls will start to mean something. And then we better as heck boat race Napier and Florida
But wouldn't that be the most Tennessee thing ever. Go off and blowout OK , then lose to Florida . I don't think either of those things are gonna happen , but I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

They don't need a top rate coach to win titles. They played for 3 titles and won 2 with Les Miles and Ed Orgeron, and that 2019 team with O might have been the single greatest offensive season in CFB history.

LSU is probably the best the best coaching job in the country.
Their last 3 coaches have won National Titles. Kelly is better than 2 of them .

The thing that really scares me is; that between Napier at Florida and Kelly at LSU; one of these schools is going to wise up soon and hire Kiffin. Then you will have one of the best recruiting footprints in America paired with a gifted coach who knows what to do with it. If that happens; even Kirby will be made to look like a fool. Kiffin would rule CFB

Reactions: Vol737
The thing that really scares me is; that between Napier at Florida and Kelly at LSU; one of these schools is going to wise up soon and hire Kiffin. Then you will have one of the best recruiting footprints in America paired with a gifted coach who knows what to do with it. If that happens; even Kirby will be made to look like a fool. Kiffin would rule CFB
You're giving him way too much credit.

If Michelle wants to be taken seriously by serious ppl she best tuck those mammaries back inside her tiny blouse šŸ‘š šŸ˜¤
Itā€™s not about knowledge in the day and age of likes and clicks. People will do anything for money.

Last edited:
Playing a full season in the SEC and playing a non-conf game against an SEC team (especially a season opener) arenā€™t the same thing. And Iā€™m not even a ā€œthe SEC is real football and nobody else is even closeā€ guy.
At a neutral site..

Looking forward to Kelly's post-game.
Yeah, he was not a happy camper. Hereā€™s the thingā€¦with all the talent at ND he had and likely even more talent at LSUā€¦those teams just seem to be only so good. Just canā€™t pull them across the finish line in big games.

I'm no judge of football, but I really truly think this "aggressive" turning it over on downs stuff just for morons. I mean, I can see the whole not punting argument, but a field goal is 3 points and a punt is not. LSU lost this one by "trusting" the office and "being agressive" and "I love the call" and all that. Lost the game, though.

Thought both teams were much improved from last year, especially USC.

BK is now 0-3 in season openers at LSU, and all have been these neutral site games against ranked teams.
Iā€™ve been trying to figure out who Brian Kelly is comparable to. Iā€™m starting to think heā€™s going to be LSUā€™s Mark Richt. I donā€™t think heā€™s going to win a title in Baton Rouge. Heā€™ll have some good teams, maybe some really good teams, but heā€™ll never be able to quite get over the hump. Thereā€™s just something that seems off w/ him there and I donā€™t know what it is. People will think Iā€™m crazy for saying this, but at this point Lester Miles was a better coach than Kelly. Lesā€™ teams didnā€™t lose games like they did last night, not early on at least.

Playing a full season in the SEC and playing a non-conf game against an SEC team (especially a season opener) arenā€™t the same thing. And Iā€™m not even a ā€œthe SEC is real football and nobody else is even closeā€ guy.
Of course, but it's still silly to think he ran from the SEC.
Ain't a darn thing wrong with taking the USC job.
I could see it being built into a power house again.
Talent is everywhere, like Florida, Texas and Louisiana.

VN Store

Back