March Madness Selection Show

None of it matters. No team has lost their first conference tournament game and then went on to win the tournament. Other notes, no team in the last 22 years outside of 2014 UConn, finished outside the top 20 in Ken Pom Defensive Efficiency Ratings and won the tournament. Not only do teams that have a chance to win the tournament have to be inside the top 20 on defense, they have to be better than top 20 in offense. Again, the only exception is UConn in 2014. After the loss, Tennessee is 3rd in offensive efficiency and 29th in defense. Just some tips for your bracket
All good stuff except “After the loss, Tennessee is 3rd in offensive efficiency and 29th in defense. Just some tips for your bracket”….you have offensive and defensive efficiency reversed….

None of it matters. No team has lost their first conference tournament game and then went on to win the tournament. Other notes, no team in the last 22 years outside of 2014 UConn, finished outside the top 20 in Ken Pom Defensive Efficiency Ratings and won the tournament. Not only do teams that have a chance to win the tournament have to be inside the top 20 on defense, they have to be better than top 20 in offense. Again, the only exception is UConn in 2014. After the loss, Tennessee is 3rd in offensive efficiency and 29th in defense. Just some tips for your bracket
Who cares? That first point is utterly meaningless. The Big Ten didn't even have a conference tournament until 1998.

All good stuff except “After the loss, Tennessee is 3rd in offensive efficiency and 29th in defense. Just some tips for your bracket”….you have offensive and defensive efficiency reversed….
You're right, good catch. I was trying to get that out quickly

Reactions: Tenacjim
Dude what? I’ve seen you around this board and your takes. Tell me where I’m wrong? Should it not be a cake walk in the first round vs Saint Peter’s? Should it not be? I’m not saying it will be but shouldn’t it be? You know the answer. You aren’t that dumb.

If you think Oklahoma got screwed then you don't know dick about basketball. They had 2, yes 2, quad one wins. They played 13 quad one games.

Guess the community "don't know dick" about basketball then given that they were the first team out. Oklahoma played 16 Q1 games, won four of them and didn't lose a single game outside of Q1 all season.

It’s honestly not a bad draw. There would be zero excuse to lose to St. Peter’s. They finished third in their own conference. But we always should be prepared for a kick in the nads by the Vols.

The rest of the region is as balanced as you can get. Facing South Carolina for a chance to go to the E8 would be a pretty nuts occurrence.

Tennessee isn’t losing to Saint Peter’s.
Agreed. They only average 65.3 PPG against very weak competition, mostly mid-/low- major teams. Their SOS is pretty bad. Best teams they’ve played is Rutgers and Seton Hall and lost both of those games. They have 13 losses on the season against some subpar teams.

And how much do you know about the opponent? What do they do well that scares you so much?
They made the Elite Eight two years ago. With a different coach and totally different roster. That’s probably why he’s scared.

This.

We’re not going to play Prairie View in every round.

There are exceptions, but the second round consists the top 25-32 teams. Texas, UVA, or Colorado State are seeded accordingly. I despise UVA but they concern me as they are well coached and slow it down, similar to Jr.

We are better than Creighton (and/or Oregon, USCjr) so I give us a 60% chance to advance to Elite 8 and then 40% against Purdue, if they advance. So it’s a very fair bracket.

VN Store

Back