March Madness Selection Show

This.

We’re not going to play Prairie View in every round.

There are exceptions, but the second round consists the top 25-32 teams. Texas, UVA, or Colorado State are seeded accordingly. I despise UVA but they concern me as they are well coached and slow it down, similar to Jr.

We are better than Creighton (and/or Oregon, USCjr) so I give us a 60% chance to advance to Elite 8 and then 40% against Purdue, if they advance. So it’s a very fair bracket.
UVA shouldn’t concern you. They’d try to muck the game up, a la South Carolina, but they wouldn’t be able to score enough against the Tennessee defense.

Agreed. They only average 65.3 PPG against very weak competition, mostly mid-/low- major teams. Their SOS is pretty bad. Best teams they’ve played is Rutgers and Seton Hall and lost both of those games. They have 13 losses on the season against some subpar teams.
Their bigs are also non-factors offensively fwiw.

Elite 8 is a must or this season is a huge disappointment. We made a Sweet 16 last year without Z and arguably the best player in the country. No excuses

Reactions: TheBigOne10
Other notes, no team in the last 22 years outside of 2014 UConn, finished outside the top 20 in Ken Pom Defensive Efficiency Ratings and won the tournament. Not only do teams that have a chance to win the tournament have to be inside the top 20 on defense, they have to be better than top 20 in offense. Again, the only exception is UConn in 2014. After the loss, Tennessee is 29th in offensive efficiency and 3rd in defense. Just some tips for your bracket
Here is a tip for you :

You have Tennessee's KenPom ratings reversed, Stat Boy.

Tennessee is 28th in Offensive efficiency and 3rd in Defensive efficiency.

Is there anything else you would like to lecture us on? LOL.

EDIT : I see you fixed it just as I was posting that .... LOL.

None of it matters. No team has lost their first conference tournament game and then went on to win the tournament. Other notes, no team in the last 22 years outside of 2014 UConn, finished outside the top 20 in Ken Pom Defensive Efficiency Ratings and won the tournament. Not only do teams that have a chance to win the tournament have to be inside the top 20 on defense, they have to be better than top 20 in offense. Again, the only exception is UConn in 2014. After the loss, Tennessee is 29th in offensive efficiency and 3rd in defense. Just some tips for your bracket
Are those Kenpom rankings from before the tournaments started or after the tournaments were completed? I'm guessing the latter.

Here is a tip for you :

You have Tennessee's KenPom ratings reversed, Stat Boy.

Tennessee is 28th in Offensive efficiency and 3rd in Defensive efficiency.

Is there anything else you would like to lecture us on? LOL.

EDIT : I see you fixed it just as I was posting that .... LOL.
Always picking a fight lol

Excited to see how this team responds after that terrible performance Friday.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
UVA shouldn’t concern you. They’d try to muck the game up, a la South Carolina, but they wouldn’t be able to score enough against the Tennessee defense.
We should take care of UVA but it wouldn’t surprise me if they lose the play in round or vs Texas.

The only way TN loses before the Elite 8 matchup is if we have long droughts or the opponent “catches fire like KY.”

Purdue is a different story b/of their height. I like this bracket.

So the stats about needing to be in the top 20 in defense and top 20 in offense implies that the winner will be either UConn, Houston, Auburn or Arizona. Those are the only schools that meet the criteria. UConn and Auburn are in the same region - so one of them will lose - so that leaves the UConn/Auburn winner, Houston and Arizona. The midwest, which is where Tennessee is at doesn't have any team that meets that criteria.

We should take care of UVA but it wouldn’t surprise me if they lose the play in round or vs Texas.

The only way TN loses before the Elite 8 matchup is if we have long droughts or the opponent “catches fire like KY.”

Purdue is a different story b/of their height. I like this bracket.
It's as good a draw as we could have realistically hoped for coming into today. It doesn't necessarily mean that we will take advantage of it .... but we weren't screwed.

The 2008 and 2022 teams were screwed. This team got a fair shake.

So we probably get the kickoff game for the whole deal. Unc/grambling and miss st/mich st will get the prime time slot. The play in game typically gets the second game in the slot leaving us as the first game. I was in attendance when we did the same thing when we beat wright state in Dallas in 2018 and the atmosphere was dead. Hopefully being in Charlotte will help that
Should be a sea of Orange in Charlotte.

VN Store

Back