Marijuana decriminalization vote expected in House

Do you support ending cannabis prohibition?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
That would be a start. I really would like to know what decriminalization really accomplishes/does. I'd rather see it legalized.

I think in states that have decriminalized, but not legalized, it becomes more of a civil offense like a minor traffic violation or a parking ticket. You could get fined but something like that, but you haven't been convicted of a crime.

Last edited:
I think it states that have decriminalized, but not legalized, it becomes more of a civil offense like a minor traffic violation or a parking ticket. You could get fined but something like that, but you haven't been convicted of a crime.

This wouldn’t have any impact on state laws.

This wouldn’t have any impact on state laws.

No, I don't think it affects state law, I just assume the federal decriminalization will be along the same lines if you're caught with weed on federal property. I haven't read too much about this bill, but it may do other things. I think dispensary businesses in states that have legalized were still subject to federal raids and had trouble opening bank accounts because of federal laws/regs.

Last edited:
No, I don't think it affects state law, I just assume the federal decriminalization will be along the same lines. If you're caught with weed on federal property. I haven't read too much about this bill, but it may do other things. I think dispensary businesses in states that have legalized were still subject to federal raids and had trouble opening bank accounts because of federal laws/regs.

The biggest thing it does is spend more of our money.

Reactions: LouderVol
That would be a start. I really would like to know what decriminalization really accomplishes/does. I'd rather see it legalized.
I’m assuming that once there is no real federal penalty then there will be a cascade of state legalizations.

I think in states that have decriminalized, but not legalized, it becomes more of a civil offense like a minor traffic violation or a parking ticket. You could get fined but something like that, but you haven't been convicted of a crime.

In Ohio it's like a 50 dollar fine or something and that's it. You can literally walk down short north stoned out of your mind and hitting an e sig of Durban and the cops don't even bother you.

Or so I heard....

Skimmed it, so may have overlooked or forgotten something but:

They’re removing it from the federal schedule of controlled substances. Possession of marijuana would no longer be a crime.

Conviction or a positive marijuana test would no longer be a disqualifying criteria for certain government services.

Marijuana trade would be taxed at 5%.

The 5% goes into a trust fund.

The trust would be administered by a new government department and would be used to reinvest in communities affected by the drug war.

Those communities would be identified by a study that the bill commissions.

I didn’t see any new crimes in this bill.

The only new monetary outlays would be for the study, the staff of this department, and the increase in qualified recipients of federal social safety net programs. Everything else appears to just be expanding availability to already existing finite programs like small business loans.

It would theoretically create an incidental decrease in costs for the bureau of prisons and DOJ.

Text - H.R.3884 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): MORE Act of 2019

Another slippery that’s not going to end like you stoners and potheads think it will.

Another slippery that’s not going to end like you stoners and potheads think it will.
The wod has been a slippery slope indeed.
- has created violent drug cartels
- has decimated fourth amendment rights
-currently imprisons over 350,000 Americans for “drug crimes” while incidentally, prison allows one to acquire a PHD in criminal “ studies” and allows young men to be anally raped for putting naughty substances in their body
-has destroyed financial privacy
- normal citizens must report over $10000 deposits in their bank accounts to the gov, also depositing transactions less than $10000 can be illegal if the powers to be be suspect you're “structuring” transactions
-militarized police forces
-law enforcement seizure theft amounts larger than criminal theft amounts
-not a power granted anywhere in the Constitution to the general government
- less focus on real crimes
-wasted billions in tax payer money with nothing but bombed out inner cities to show for it
- created a powerful prison lobby whose sole purpose is incarceration
-has not reduced drug use one iota
-etc
-etc
-etc

The wod has been a slippery slope indeed.
- has created violent drug cartels
- has decimated fourth amendment rights
-currently imprisons over 350,000 Americans for “drug crimes” while incidentally, prison allows one to acquire a PHD in criminal “ studies” and allows young men to be anally raped for putting naughty substances in their body
-has destroyed financial privacy
- normal citizens must report over $10000 deposits in their bank accounts to the gov, also depositing transactions less than $10000 can be illegal if the powers to be be suspect you're “structuring” transactions
-militarized police forces
-law enforcement seizure theft amounts larger than criminal theft amounts
-not a power granted anywhere in the Constitution to the general government
- less focus on real crimes
-wasted billions in tax payer money with nothing but bombed out inner cities to show for it
- created a powerful prison lobby whose sole purpose is incarceration
-has not reduced drug use one iota
-etc
-etc
-etc

Yep, “people (mainly POC) can’t, won’t or be expected to follow the law so let’s just legalize it”

Yep, “people (mainly POC) can’t, won’t or be expected to follow the law so let’s just legalize it”

Drug use in the US is not mainly a POC issue, it’s an everybody issue. They just have the existing laws enforced on them at a disproportionate rate.

Wrong, it’s not going to be as bad as you imagine. I personally am against its use but for legalization. Pot is a psychotropic. Further, it’s intensity has been raised through science and being able to make it into concentrated forms.
Effects can go from a dopey buzz to being completely stoned to the Bejesus. It can elicit paranoid delusions in some. On the other hand it can have a number of medicinal benefits for a myriad of conditions.

Still, it’s an absurd burden and waste on the criminal justice system. Unnecessarily puts people in the criminal justice system.

VN Store

Back