Mark Schlabauch picks WKU

The only way we lose to WKU is for us not to come ready to play. I don't see us having a bad game because I believe in Butch's ability to coach, and to motivate. UT has too much talent that isn't being squandered to lose this game.

It doesn't matter to me whether Dooley coined the phrase, "Vol for Life," or not. I also graduated from UT, I've followed the program for 46 years and I am very proud to say unequivocally that I was a VFL long before Dooley arrived, I remain one now and I will be one until the day I pass from this earth.

Dooley may have made the VFL program official, but I'm pretty sure I heard the phrase around here long before him.

His "Opportunity is Nowhere" program, on the other hand...

I was born in East Tennessee, graduated from UTK and have been a loyal season ticket holder for 18 years. I'm just not a sheep or a VFL for that matter. VFL is something Dooley started so I don't really want to be associated with the acronym. I truly hope we win every game but I have realistic expectations. We should beat WKU but I believe it's possible that we lose.

This is what you have a problem with Dooley over? It is arguably the only good thing the man did here. Former (before DD) players are referring to themselves as VFL, but it's not good enough for you?

It's also possible that while i'm sitting on the can later, I slip off and hit my head on the bathtub causing a brain hemorage, but i'm not going to run out and update my life insurance before I take a dump tonight.

Mark Schlabach's Upset Pick: Week 2 - ESPN Video - ESPN

I didn't watch the video, as i am at work, but the subject of Mark Schlabauch's upset pick of the week is WKU vs Tennessee.

If he doesn't say they will beat us i apologize. Just though I would share.

I personally think we will beat the hilltoppers soundly. Ill even make a score prediction for ya: 38 - 17 Vols.

Don't shoot the messanger, but even if you do, I dont care.

When I see this, another moment comes to mind for me. Do you remember when Arkansas, Houston Nutt & Darren McFadden came to Neyland Stadium? The whole nation expected McFadden, a Heisman favorite, the week that we played them, to get between 150 and 200 yards rushing against us. Well, Arkansas left Neyland Stadium with a loss and McFadden fell from the "Heisman favorite"

I think this game will go our way also.

This is what you have a problem with Dooley over? It is arguably the only good thing the man did here. Former (before DD) players are referring to themselves as VFL, but it's not good enough for you?

It's also possible that while i'm sitting on the can later, I slip off and hit my head on the bathtub causing a brain hemorage, but i'm not going to run out and update my life insurance before I take a dump tonight.

you should check on term life....................you know, just in case.

Reactions: 1 person
This will sound like the fine print for an investment firm commercial but past performance is not necessarily an indicator of future results. This is what all these clowns are basing their predictions on. The formula for these folks is simple.
Vols past+Petrino=wku win. The problem with that is that we are gonna straight up whip dey azz. 42-17 Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Mark is going off how the Vols have played the last several years so you can't fault his thinking. I, on the other hand think we win a close game in the 4th on a field goal by Palardy.....we will have to play well to win this game.

Exactly. I think we end up winning as well.

I seem to recall a certain UT vs Cincy game a few years back where a lot of people called for Cincy to upset UT. This has the same feel to it IMO.

Petrino is a great offensive mind. I can't imagine our defense keeping them in the teens, but I hope you guys are right.

i assume schlabauch has forgotten that spongebob orange pants is carrying a clipboard for the cowboys now (and drawing a nice vol check courtesy of mike hamilton's mind boggling incompetence).

Petrino is a great offensive mind. I can't imagine our defense keeping them in the teens, but I hope you guys are right.

I don't think many are trying to take away from Petrino's abilities. I know i'm not. I just don't think WKU has the ability to hang with UT for a full game. Personally (and this is just my opinion) I don't think they can hang for a full half.

kentucky ran for 216 yards and 6.75 yards per carry against wku.

tennessee wins easily

Tennessee should be able to move the ball, I just think Western Kentucky will have some success on offense as well.

Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 3m
Matt Hayes of The Sporting News picks Western Kentucky to upset Tennessee - Vols are 13.5 point favorite.

Matt Hayes is a bonafide Gator homer in his private life, so this pick does not surprise me in the least.

Last edited:
WKU has a better coach and Holt is a better DC. They have just as much NFL talent on defense and Willie Taggart left Petrino a solid team.

They just beat UK, we beat air. They will blitz the hell out of Worley, so I believe this will be a very tough game for us but one we should win.

Just to be clear...
VFL program = Great Thing
Dooley = Terrible Coach
Anything Associated with Dooley = Tainted

WKU has a better coach and Holt is a better DC. They have just as much NFL talent on defense and Willie Taggart left Petrino a solid team.

They just beat UK, we beat air. They will blitz the hell out of Worley, so I believe this will be a very tough game for us but one we should win.

This.

For Schlabach its far more likely that So Carolina will beat Georgia than WKU over UT. He's just butthurt about the Dawgs right now. Go Vols!

Just to be clear...
VFL program = Great Thing
Dooley = Terrible Coach
Anything Associated with Dooley = Tainted

I was just messin with ya man. Dooley can suck my left testy. Never mind. I wouldn't disrespect my left testy like that.

blitz huh? good luck with that pass protecting O Line. SEC Teams have a hard time pass rushing with them

At the end of the day, there is no reason we shouldn't run the ball down their throats. We have a top 5 nationally offensive line.

Thanks for the additional motivation, Mark!!

Thats my angle as well....I hope every pundit in footballdome picks us to lose every week...now obviously they'd be right some but the motivation cant hurt...and Mark S. tends to be wrong a lot....

VN Store

Back