Marlin Lane or Rajion Neal?

rocktopper16

Don’t mind me, I’m just here for the meltdown.
Who do you believe will be the starter?

Lane Att:195 Yards:938
Neal Att:229 Yards:1039

Reactions: 2 people
Neal most likely fits better into the new offensive scheme, but I believe lane is the better back.

Lane.

Neal. He's shown that he can get it done against the better competition. Check Lane's better games, against weak defenses. JMO. He's a good football player, but I don't think Lane ever lives up to the type of back we all once thought (me included).

Reactions: 3 people
I'd start Marlin Lane over Rajion Neal any day, but that's just me.
It's not just you who thinks that way. Neither one is hard to bring down, but Lane at least has some moves, and might make somebody miss. Neal is supposedly fast, but doesn't turn on his speed unless he is in the open, which doesn't happen often.

Neal for this guy.

Another question, if Tauren Poole was still in the line up, would you pick him over the other two?

Whoever most resembles Isaiah Pead (Cincinnati RB for those who live under a rock) he was a beast in CBJ offense.

During the Dooley decades (just seemed he was here that long) all of our RB's at times just seemed to fall down. It was almost as if they were trying to run with their pads to far forward and any little bump would put them on the ground. It got a bit better last year, and Lane definitely seems to run more upright. Poole was the worst at this it seemed to me.

I don't think with any of these backs they need to have 30 carries per game to get into the grove, they all just don't seem to be that type of back. I'm hoping to see Neal, Lane and Hill all do good things in different situations.

I'm going Lane but I think him and Neal will see plenty of playing time with Alden Hill in short Yardage situations and once we get inside the red zone

Does anyone have an opinion as to why someone like Neal who breaks records in the weight room bilut that strength doesn't transfer to on the field. One would think he would be plowing over fools. Any experts out there with an opinion. Seriously.

Does anyone have an opinion as to why someone like Neal who breaks records in the weight room bilut that strength doesn't transfer to on the field. One would think he would be plowing over fools. Any experts out there with an opinion. Seriously.

Two words. Derek Dooley.

Pains me to say it, but the backs didn't get any decent coaching until Graham came. They still had to unlearn certain mis-coaching or lack of it but still got better. I think we will see the UT have a great 1-2 punch with Neal and Lane. I dare say if either needs to be spotted, Hill will make us continue to have a solid 1-2 punch.

Back to the point, our backs are better than they've shown to date. It's coaching that has stymied them. But boy oh boy, just watch them come fall! You better watch out or you might learn something.

Pains me to say it, but the backs didn't get any decent coaching until Graham came. They still had to unlearn certain mis-coaching or lack of it but still got better. I think we will see the UT have a great 1-2 punch with Neal and Lane. I dare say if either needs to be spotted, Hill will make us continue to have a solid 1-2 punch.

Back to the point, our backs are better than they've shown to date. It's coaching that has stymied them. But boy oh boy, just watch them come fall! You better watch out or you might learn something.

Behind this line our run game should be solid. I do expect one of the two to have a great season. I just hope our Qb situation is decent. Could win games we aren't suppose to if so.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back