Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

These med experts can make any xlaim on any person with a gun, even if its not true. The mental problems is very subjective

Reactions: AM64
People aren’t too fond of losing their rights.

From the article, this seems like a valid self defense shoot by the police.

I get it, the law very well may suck. The man very well could have been mentally fine. However, never a good idea to meet the cops at your door holding a pistol. And really not a good idea to rearm yourself when they try to take it.

It does sound like this guy was a danger to someone. He made stupid choices, he paid the stupid price.

I get it, the law very well may suck. The man very well could have been mentally fine. However, never a good idea to meet the cops at your door holding a pistol. And really not a good idea to rearm yourself when they try to take it.

It does sound like this guy was a danger to someone. He made stupid choices, he paid the stupid price.
Oh I’m not arguing that.

Spoken like a true cop apologist... Guns are legally protected by the 2A. Cops take an oath to uphold The Constitution. The cops were 110% wrong in enforcing this unConstitutional law.

Spoken like a true cop apologist... Guns are legally protected by the 2A. Cops take an oath to uphold The Constitution. The cops were 110% wrong in enforcing this unConstitutional law.
But if that’s Maryland’s law, what are the cops supposed to do? Refuse to do their job? Assuming they were told to go to that mans house it’s not really the cops that are enforcing that law

Reactions: Septic
But if that’s Maryland’s law, what are the cops supposed to do? Refuse to do their job? Assuming they were told to go to that mans house it’s not really the cops that are enforcing that law

I see it from both sides but I have to say that ... the irony of armed men going to someone’s house to take his guns to protect him from himself and others then end up killing him because he won’t give it up , is some kind of thick .

You may be right.
My sister had their greatest hits album .... we only had one stereo.... the big piece of furniture kind....and it filled the house with sound.... she played it all the damn time.... I used to want to beat the ****out of somebody every time I heard it..... only recently have I started coming to terms with it.

I see it from both sides but I have to say that ... the irony of armed men going to someone’s house to take his guns to protect him from himself and others then end up killing him because he won’t give it up , is some kind of thick .
Oh for sure, and I’m not even taking any side. I just don’t really see what a cop is supposed to there, not do what their told and be fired/quit?

Reactions: 0nelilreb

You should lecture GV more about the 2A.

How do we handle someone that’s a danger to society that has guns? Involuntarily commit them to a psychiatric ward? It seems mental health professionals have a hard time picking up on clues of the crazies.

I understand the intent of this law ( I really do ) but for anyone to come to your home to take your guns , without you being detained or under arrest for a crime has the potential to be very bad . This is in Maryland , just wait until it happens in the south .

I understand the intent of this law ( I really do ) but for anyone to come to your home to take your guns , without you being detained or under arrest for a crime has the potential to be very bad . This is in Maryland , just wait until it happens in the south .
Agree.

Reactions: 0nelilreb

VN Store

Back