Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

My sister had their greatest hits album .... we only had one stereo.... the big piece of furniture kind....and it filled the house with sound.... she played it all the damn time.... I used to want to beat the ****out of somebody every time I heard it..... only recently have I started coming to terms with it.
Why do birds suddenly appear every time that you're near?

2A protects the people in the states from federal infringement. Does it protect the people from infringement by their own state?
That state, in order to be admitted into the Union, had to comply to the 2A, also. So they are under the same legal limits as the Federal govt.

Are we really having this conversation?

Since when are cops the ones that decide which laws are followed and not followed? Which laws are created and not created? Lawmakers are supposed to uphold the Constitution, no?
You are correct. And when lawmakers create unconstitutional law, the cops need to arrest them.

It's really pretty simple.

The solution is to sue the person who is being vindictive for malicious prosecution, not resist the police just doing their job by grabbing the gun and physically fighting them.
Or get the cops out of grabbing guns from homeowners...

If the police are called and feel that there is a need for a crisis intervention person to come out to talk to him to see if they need to take him into involuntary commitment, my default would be that they should take his guns, temporarily.

I honestly just think its common sense.

Of course that would be your default position.

That state, in order to be admitted into the Union, had to comply to the 2A, also. So they are under the same legal limits as the Federal govt.

Are we really having this conversation?
I believe you have it backwards.
The states were hesitant to adopt the Constitution for fear of losing their state sovereignty. To help alleviate their concerns the amendments were added.

I believe you have it backwards.
The states were hesitant to adopt the Constitution for fear of losing their state sovereignty. To help alleviate their concerns the amendments were added.
It really shouldn't be this hard. Do the states, as a consequence of joining the Union, have to agree to enforce and live under the Federal Constitution?

Last edited:
It really should be this hard. Do the states, as a consequence of joining the Union, have to agree to enforce and live under the Federal Constitution?
Why cant we simply talk about a subject without the dickishness?

First, help me understand... Do you have it backwards or do i (regarding the amendments)?

Since when do cops decide what is unconstitutional? That seems to be giving them way too much power
I would much rather the cops harass politicians than they do common folk.

Maybe politicians would think twice about making law if they knew they would be held criminally responsible.

I'm being serious right now.

Why cant we simply talk about a subject without the dickishness?

First, help me understand... Do you have it backwards or do i (regarding the amendments)?
It doesn't matter about it being backwards or not. All of the state Constitutions are based on the Constitition.

I would much rather the cops harass politicians than they do common folk.

Maybe politicians would think twice about making law if they knew they would be held criminally responsible.

I'm being serious right now.
I agree

However I don’t think Cops should be the ones deciding what’s constitutional and what’s not

And I don’t like red flag laws like this. It should go to court and a judge decide before anything is taken imo

The expert "cleared him" to not be placed into involuntary commitment. That doesn't mean the expert is endorsing him having a firearm. Or would even just be "ok" with it, if asked.

Big difference between being distressed to the point they are going to take you into custody right there and then versus genuine concern that things could escalate rapidly and you have access to a firearm.
No, it's a fine line you are drawing. Just like friendly lawyers, I am sure you leftists could find a friendly out of work psych to weaponize against your enemies.

It doesn't matter about it being backwards or not. All of the state Constitutions are based on the Constitition.
Then strap a gun to your hip and stroll through Manhattan. Make sure you remind the NYPD of your constitutional rights as the beat you to a pulp.

Then strap a gak to your hip and stroll through Manhattan. Make sure you remind the NYPD of your constitutional rights as the beat you to a pulp.
10114_mi-700x700.jpg

Reactions: McDad
Remember the olden days when we had mental health institutions? We used to have state run facilities for people that were mentally ill. Some bean counter at some point in time decided that we couldn't afford them and kicked everyone out to the street. We then sentenced the sick people to jail/prison. Do you think that the mass murders have anything to do with that?

I agree

However I don’t think Cops should be the ones deciding what’s constitutional and what’s not

And I don’t like red flag laws like this. It should go to court and a judge decide before anything is taken imo

They are charged with enforcing the law and taking an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution... I don't think it is asking a lot.

Hell, if they actually followed Constitutional guidelines, their job would be easier and the general public would love them.

VN Store

Back