Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

I’m other words, confront people on their private property and demand they surrender their firearms.

Uh, that’s a recipe for officer involved shootings.

I see that cops recently gunned down a good guy with a gun who was holding the assailant until the cops arrived. If we just had more guns this would not have happened.

But if that’s Maryland’s law, what are the cops supposed to do? Refuse to do their job? Assuming they were told to go to that mans house it’s not really the cops that are enforcing that law
I’m wondering what guidelines are set for family, or police to request a red flag

I understand the intent of this law ( I really do ) but for anyone to come to your home to take your guns , without you being detained or under arrest for a crime has the potential to be very bad . This is in Maryland , just wait until it happens in the south .
I’m not sure a red flag law would pass in the south.

But if that’s Maryland’s law, what are the cops supposed to do? Refuse to do their job? Assuming they were told to go to that mans house it’s not really the cops that are enforcing that law
I’m wondering what guidelines are set for family, or police to request a red flag
You may be right.
i see a law challenge coming into the court system.

Biden Administration Urges Supreme Court To Let Cops Enter Homes And Seize Guns Without A Warrant

And some of you clowns trust the cops to not grab your guns when the time comes? Look at the treachery these cops engaged in.

Still, police were convinced that Edward could hurt himself and insisted he head to a local hospital for a psychiatric evaluation. After refusing and insisting that his mental health wasn’t their business, Edward agreed only after police (falsely) promised they wouldn’t seize his guns while he was gone.

Compounding the dishonesty, police then told Kim that Edward had consented to the confiscation. Believing the seizures were approved by her husband, Kim led the officers to the two handguns the couple owned, which were promptly seized. Even though Edward was immediately discharged from the hospital, police only returned the firearms after he filed a civil rights lawsuit against them.

VN Store

Back