Matt Simms to start vs. Eagles

chattaboogie

I drink and post.
I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.

Reactions: 1 person
It shows just how bad Dooley screwed over players here as HC. With the right development, he probably would have turned out alright while playing for the big orange.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.
It's because of injuries to the two guys in front of him, and this week is really about letting the 3-4th string guys show what they can do before final roster cuts...both for the team they are trying to make, and other teams, should they not make the cut.

Reactions: 2 people
It shows just how bad Dooley screwed over players here as HC. With the right development, he probably would have turned out alright while playing for the big orange.

Dooley had plenty of faults, but I am not sure much more could have been done with Matt Simms. He does not have a strong arm, and he held the ball too long many times. Even if you aren't taught that, an instinctive QB knows when to get rid of the ball. Sometimes, guys just get chances at the next level, but I don't expect him to be starting in the regular season.

This has a lot less to do with Simms than injuries and timing. I hope he does well, though, and makes the most of it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Simms has the heart of a fighter but the arm of a noodle.

Reactions: 2 people
No doubt. Everyone should be happy for him. But, to blame Dooley for all of the world's problems gets a little old. Yes, I am glad he is gone.

Reactions: 6 people
Im predicting a stare down to the wide side of the field and a resulting pick six. No seriously, congrats to him, I hope he enjoys the opportunity to start an NFL game.

If Dooley could've done anything for Matt it would've been to yell 'throw the ball' after 10 secs.

If he's figured out he's only got 3 seconds he may do well, if not, it's gonna be a looooong game.

Reactions: 3 people
Every VFL on here has to wish him well. Imagine if he really were to beat out Sanchez and or Geno Smith? I can see the headlines in the NY papers now "Ryan Always Knew Simms Was the Best!"

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley had plenty of faults, but I am not sure much more could have been done with Matt Simms. He does not have a strong arm, and he held the ball too long many times. Even if you aren't taught that, an instinctive QB knows when to get rid of the ball. Sometimes, guys just get chances at the next level, but I don't expect him to be starting in the regular season.
The transformation of Crompton under Kiffin comes to mind. I really wished Bray would have stayed to see how he would have done with CBJ.

He would've killed to have had this oline here while he was at UT.. Probably would've done well.

This has a lot less to do with Simms than injuries and timing. I hope he does well, though, and makes the most of it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid Simms has the heart of a fighter but the arm of a noodle.

Did you see the highlights from his game last Saturday? I was stunned to see Simms rocket a couple of balls, including on his TD pass.

He's not the same guy he was at UT.

Simms always looked great in practice according to every report I remember reading. I think maybe it was a Manning camp once that there was a report that he looked like the best QB there by far.

Of course in games it was always a different story.

I never understood the hate for Matt Simms.......he did the best he could with what was dealt. He played all the tough games and Bray played the little teams. Dooley will go down in history as the worst coach in d1 history!

The transformation of Crompton under Kiffin comes to mind. I really wished Bray would have stayed to see how he would have done with CBJ.

I understand, but Crompton had physical tools. He just needed some development between the ears. Same with Bray. Simms is lacking in both- at least at UT.

Some of you have short memories. Sims didn't have an arm issue. Everyone raved over how strong of an arm he had at the Manning QB camp. Matt's issue was decision making. He held on to the ball to long and couldn't make a quick enough decision.

VN Store

Back