Matt Simms to start vs. Eagles

Good for Simms. He gave his all for the Vols during some difficult times. Not once did he give up. I wish him the best.

Reactions: 1 person
Some of you have short memories. Sims didn't have an arm issue. Everyone raved over how strong of an arm he had at the Manning QB camp. Matt's issue was decision making. He held on to the ball to long and couldn't make a quick enough decision.

I don't have a short memory, and Matt had some problems throwing the football. Not the strongest arm, long delivery, and didn't put air under the vertical throws.

Look, I appreciate his efforts because that 2010 team under Dooley may have been the least talented team we have seen in 25 years, and a QB needs talent around him. But, he lacked some physical tools.

Jets also just signed Graham Harrell, so Simms still has work to do to even make the roster.

Good for him but he's only starting because Sanchez is hurt and they aren't playing Smith because he's likely going to start the season opener.

It shows just how bad Dooley screwed over players here as HC. With the right development, he probably would have turned out alright while playing for the big orange.

You must suffer from amnesia. Simms held the ball forever and had no pocket presence. I will give it to him though he was tuff as nails. Man he took some shots in the 10 Alabama game, but he just kept getting up.

if simms, bray, and stephens are all 3rd string nfl qb's that is some 30 for 30 stuff for dooley

If Dooley gets the right number of players on the field against LSU, Matt Simms has a very different legacy at UT. Best of luck to him-he endured the perfect storm for the privilege of playing at UT and I don't ever recall him publicly complaining (of course his dad may have, but who's wouldn't? :))

Everbody seems to forget the games Simms started were against Sec teams he really never did have the chance to prove him self I really do hope he does good along with any other of our players in the nfl I like to see all our players do good in the pros no matter if they did good or bad at UT they still were the orange and white and there still a vol in my book. GO VOLS

I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.

When I think of Simms, I think of the t.d. pass to D. Moore in overtime against U.A.B. That is a game that we should have lost. Had their kicker made even one of the five field goals that he missed, we would have had a home loss, early in the season...

This should be a positive message to our 4 young QBs that even our back-up quarterbacks can make the pros Stay the course and keep improving

I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.

We started 3 freshmen his first year, just held on to the ball to long for me, but with the right coaching who knows, he was running for his life when he was here.:ermm:

Everbody seems to forget the games Simms started were against Sec teams he really never did have the chance to prove him self I really do hope he does good along with any other of our players in the nfl I like to see all our players do good in the pros no matter if they did good or bad at UT they still were the orange and white and there still a vol in my book. GO VOLS

Oh Dools let Bray start against the weak and threw Simms to the Dawgs Tigers and any other animals coming for dinner.:)

Wouldn't mind seeing him succeed. If we hadn't had the worst coaches in Tennessee history while he was here, he may have turned out a ton better.

Sims lacks "touch" on his throws. He over compensates for a weak arm by throwing straight line passes. This is fine when the WR is wide open. But when a WR is just partially covered it often results in high or low throws...or worse, INTs. Simply put...his passes have no touch.

VN Store

Back