Matt Simms to start vs. Eagles

We have a new coach, Simms has a new team, and we're all Vols (mostly) seems we can celebrate the guy getting a shot.

I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.

I am just glad that Kiffin was able to get him on campus. Could you imagine how things would have been, had Simms not been on the team? Yes, we did lose those S.E.C. games that he played in but we likely would have lost the non conference games also. Remember, Bray was a true freshman and was not ready for the S.E.C., had he been ready, he would have been like Clausen and would have played early in the season against S.E.C. competition. Of course, when Clausen was a freshman, we had experience at all of the other positions, just not q.b.

I never understood the hate for Matt Simms.......he did the best he could with what was dealt. He played all the tough games and Bray played the little teams. Dooley will go down in history as the worst coach in d1 history!

AMEN...AMEN...and A-M-E-N ! ! !

Reactions: 1 person
I think Sims has some talent, he wouldn't still be on a NFL roster if he was awful. He had a tough situation here at UT and handled it, or at least seemed to, with class. I think his problem was simple underdevelopment. He did not have the coaching, and I'm not talking Dooley necessarily. By Sims' senior year he had went through several coaches. I wish him all he luck in the world.

Reactions: 1 person
Remember that time Simms came in and read the D and called an audible that went for a first down? Good times, my friends, good times. Hope we see that this year.

I'm on mobile so I can't link but I just saw this on my fantasy app. It is crazy that this guy is starting a game in the NFL even if it is preseason.

I'm telling you guys he will start the opener if Sanchez can't go, and possibly when they dump him for good! The Other Guy tells no lie!

I am just glad that Kiffin was able to get him on campus. Could you imagine how things would have been, had Simms not been on the team? Yes, we did lose those S.E.C. games that he played in but we likely would have lost the non conference games also. Remember, Bray was a true freshman and was not ready for the S.E.C., had he been ready, he would have been like Clausen and would have played early in the season against S.E.C. competition. Of course, when Clausen was a freshman, we had experience at all of the other positions, just not q.b.

Yeah we would've been stuck with Cam Newton or Boyd... I supported Kiffin until I knew those facts of accepting Simms...

Final stats were like 27-35 260* yards TD
Not bad. There saying Gino smith will start week 1

" Might be just a preseason game, but Jets QB Matt Simms looks like he belongs. And then some."

^Adam Schefter

Final stats were like 27-35 260* yards TD
Not bad. There saying Gino smith will start week 1

I think I saw 33-44 for 285 no tds no picks and sacked 7 times. Not bad and they won the game and that's what matters. I don't know what I'd rather see though an int or about 5 less sacks. He's got to start throwing it away

Matt had a good game. Dooley and Chaney didn't do a great job coaching him up (or Bray) and he didn't get a chance to live up to his potential for UT. I'm glad to see he's still getting a shot in the NFL. I'd love for him to end up the QB for the Jets and to have an amazing career.

I think I saw 33-44 for 285 no tds no picks and sacked 7 times. Not bad and they won the game and that's what matters. I don't know what I'd rather see though an int or about 5 less sacks. He's got to start throwing it away
I couldn't remember exactly what they were, but I figured I would post it. I knew someone on here would correct me if I was wrong. :)

VN Store

Back