Matt Simms to start vs. Eagles

This has more to do with the circus that is the Jets' coaching staff than it does Matt Simms being a talented QB that Dooley screwed up.

Matt Simms is a nice and tough kid. With all due respect to him, he's nowhere near being a NFL QB. He's practice squad talent at best

I think I saw 33-44 for 285 no tds no picks and sacked 7 times. Not bad and they won the game and that's what matters. I don't know what I'd rather see though an int or about 5 less sacks. He's got to start throwing it away

Actually, it doesn't matter at all. It was an exhibition game

Every VFL on here has to wish him well. Imagine if he really were to beat out Sanchez and or Geno Smith? I can see the headlines in the NY papers now "Ryan Always Knew Simms Was the Best!"

Hmmmm, Simms wound up securing third spot and sub par Sanchez and Drama Queen Geno better concentrate on performing on the field, not off the field, or Simms just may jump up another rung on the ladder. But then again, Rex has always known that Simms was the better player.

I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but apparently Simms was fined nearly 8k for celebrating......:confused:

No doubt. Everyone should be happy for him. But, to blame Dooley for all of the world's problems gets a little old. Yes, I am glad he is gone.

We're about to find out that, yes indeed, we can blame Dooley and the Bamboo Brain Trust for the Vol problems the last few years.

The CBJ era and Team 117 starts TODAY! Watch out world.

VN Store

Back