Maurice Couch Tweet

Mo I certainly forgive you. I know how tough things have become. Thanks for being a man and taking responsibility. You are a VFL in my book.

Reactions: 2 people
sly3.gif

WOW!!! :eek:lol:

This just may be the best one ever....EVER!! Did LSU Freek do this one??

Reactions: 1 person
"Hey guys, I admit I took cash." Dumb move. Never admit guilt, ever.

Deny, deny, deny, and you could get away with it if there aren't enough proof.

taking care of his family is never the wrong thing

Putting your career in jeopardy for a few hundred bucks is taking care of your family?

Not wanting to pile on the kid, because I have done way dumber things in my life but let's not make silly excuses for him.

Reactions: 7 people
Dumb move. Never admit guilt, ever.

Not sure if serious.

Him admitting his mistakes and owning up to them shows a lot about his character.

Life is a process of making mistakes, learning and growing. Kudos and props to the young man. I hope he is able to stay on the team and go on to great success.

I appreciate his apology, but these guys know the rules and I just wish they would do the right thing.

You would have took the money just like he did,you don't know the reasoning behind why he took it. You do the right thing and don't judge him.

I feel for the guy. I know how hard it is to Go to school, have a wife and raise a kid at the same time, with little to no income. Trying to make ends meet is hard, sometimes we make mistakes but to feed your kids you all would have done the same.

Reactions: 2 people
Not sure if serious.

Him admitting his mistakes and owning up to them shows a lot about his character.

Cam should have admitted taking $180,000 and apologized then. He didn't so Auburn got off scot free. Never admit guilt to nobody, whether it's police or even NCAA.

Putting your career in jeopardy for a few hundred bucks is taking care of your family?

it absolutely can be. Your future career means nothing if your kid is hungry

I don't know if that's the case but it's not like the guy is swimming in money as a college football player with no job

Reactions: 7 people
taking care of his family is never the wrong thing

It is if it makes you ineligible and thus keeps you from playing a game that might get you to the NFL. You're laughably wrong and if he needs to provide for his family, then he needs to find legitimate work and not do under the table deals to get money.

Reactions: 3 people
"Hey guys, I admit I took cash." Dumb move. Never admit guilt, ever.

Completely agree. But some people give up very easily. We had a president in the 90's that could've kept lying and probably gotten away with it too.

(cue political argument starting now)

Pure class. However, given the NCAAs trouble in gathering evidence, and their lack of subpoena power, I would have waited to make a statement.

Pretty sure the Yahoo reporter isn't giving up his evidence. At least that was reported yesterday.

True but as minor as the charge is he may see it as a way to 1. Get the AA to rule on a punishment and possibly get back on the field this year. And/or 2. Distance the University from this by taking full responsibility.

Not wanting to pile on the kid, because I have done way dumber things in my life but let's not make silly excuses for him.

If it feeds your baby daughter, yes.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back