Meanwhile in Libya

Rival factions fighting in the Middle East? That's quite foreseeable.

Is what you are really asking: is it preventable?

It was preventable before we decided to eliminate the strongmen and institute democracy.

It was preventable before we decided to eliminate the strongmen and institute democracy.

If by prevent, you mean have a ruthless dictator who tortured and slaughtered his own people, then sure. Neither option was good.

The boundary lines drawn way back when is the source of all the chaos.

If by prevent, you mean have a ruthless dictator who tortured and slaughtered his own people, then sure. Neither option was good.

Which boundary lines are you referring to, Shia v Sunni or the borders of the countries?

As for the ruthless dictators, they have been in place over there for millennia.

Reactions: 1 person
Which boundary lines are you referring to, Shia v Sunni or the borders of the countries?

As for the ruthless dictators, they have been in place over there for millennia.

Sunni, shia, kurds, tribes, etc. Same with Africa.

Drawing nation-state boundaries without regard to religious/tribal considerations even though these groups firmly operate under tribal society vs an open society (Popper) is retarded. It is no wonder why totalitarianism and chaos followed.

Thats why we should:

Kill-em-all-let-god-sort-them-out-25618604378.jpeg

Sunni, shia, kurds, tribes, etc. Same with Africa.

Drawing nation-state boundaries without regard to religious/tribal considerations even though these groups firmly operate under tribal society vs an open society (Popper) is retarded. It is no wonder why totalitarianism and chaos followed.

I agree but even with tribal/religiously drawn borders totalitarianism and chaos would still be the norm in the ME.

I forgot the E. But they are still technically "Airborne" per name.

No?

Just busting your chops. Some units are/were on jump status while I was there. Now I guess those that are not wear that stupid leg beret.

Let's not forget that this particular strongman aided in the killing of Americans.

Rival factions fighting in the Middle East? That's quite foreseeable.

Is what you are really asking: is it preventable?

No. What I'm really asking is are we surprised that after we go in an effect regime change without a strategic interest or plan then chaos ensues. We should know by now.

No. What I'm really asking is are we surprised that after we go in an effect regime change without a strategic interest or plan then chaos ensues. We should know by now.

The problem is that the plan always assumes that they want to govern themselves the way we do. We can depose all the tyrants we want, but if the people there choose another one I just don't get why we are so surprised when it falls apart.

VN Store

Back