Migration Nightmares Hitting Europe

I'm just having a hard time grasping the thought that you guys would let in 6 million people from Latvia, Guatemala, Pakistan ,and Somalia into California to use up the water of people already there who own the land. Then , the legal residents would have to move, or pay triple the price of water because their natural resources have been raped by people who left an area with water.

Those who own the land only move if they choose to sell. Let the market sort it out.

Reactions: 3 people
Less than $1/day for water is damn near free.

Your $1,800 tap, I presume, is a one-time (minus maintenance) up front cost for water until the well runs dry, yes? If so, that's also damn near free.

For one person, we're talking probably one shower per day, water running while shaving, water running while brushing teeth, flushing the toilet two to three times, washing hands, etc. That's at least a gallon and for many as much as two or three gallons. Per day.

And, we've yet to include water that is imbibed or used in cooking, cleaning dishes, laundry, etc. Moreover, most households have multiple residents.

Water is stupidly cheap, and because it is so cheap it is easily wasted.
City water, not a well. I don't run water constantly while shaving. Only 2 or 3 flushes a day?

City water, not a well. I don't run water constantly while shaving. Only 2 or 3 flushes a day?

So, it's $1,800 for the initial connection to the water infrastructure? One-time cost, though, right?

One person needs to flush more than 3 times per day? You might have a growing problem.

Yes, yes, and yes.

So, if the connection lasts 20 years (a huge underestimate), the annual cost of the connection is $90, or well less than $1/day.

So very cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if the average price per gallon of water per household in the US is well under a dime.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, just did a bit of googling, and the average person uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water per day.

So, we are definitely looking at a gallon of water for a penny or two.

Wow, just did a bit of googling, and the average person uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water per day.

So, we are definitely looking at a gallon of water for a penny or two.
We use about 700 cubic feet of water a month. I think that a cubic foot of water is around 7 or so gallons if my memory is correct. So 5,000 gallons at about $35, maybe .7 cents a gallon. Add the sewer charge, and it's about double.

Our local water dept has 49 employees, and about $8 million a year in revenue. What, about a 2 and a half million in salaries? Vehicles, equipment, maintenance, infrastructure , pumping station at the river.

I'd imagine that plenty of the posters in here would probably think of the area I live in as a latrine.

Personally, I love living in lower-income areas. If one can get over the 'unsightly appearance', one will find that such areas offer better food, better and cheaper activities/events, more social engagement with persons on the street, etc.

I'm trying to catch up here, but I call BS....

Reactions: 2 people
There is a lot to catch up on here.

I don't buy it.

No way he lives like he's suggested here. Both he and his wife are well educated. He's talked of eventually starting a family.

Dink on the other hand, I can see "slumming" it. No responsibilities. Traveling and seeing the country. End up where you may.

But even he has a "new" love, and I'm sure she wouldn't want to slum it.

I don't buy it.

No way he lives like he's suggested here. Both he and his wife are well educated. He's talked of eventually starting a family.

Dink on the other hand, I can see "slumming" it. No responsibilities. Traveling and seeing the country. End up where you may.

Are we talking Huff here?

I don't buy it.

Um, thanks? Jeez.

Just because I don't have a wife and kids, in no way, means I don't have responsibility. I'm still managing a few properties, directing services and hospitality concepts for my LLC, undergoing a rigorous craft cocktail apprenticeship, and will more than likely be returning to school for architecture in the Spring.

The lady in question is wrapping up her Masters and may resume travelling before starting her PhD next Fall. She's already seen most of Europe and stayed in hostiles, so I guess I'm unsure about your definition of slumming.

Last edited:
But even with all the money I've managed to make, I still hate subdivisions and new houses. Im with TRUT on lower income areas. There's a helluvalot more culture to be found there as opposed to the grid designed, bougie neighborhoods.

Reactions: 2 people
if that victim is walking butt naked, then they share some of the responsibility for being raped. For someone who claims to be so intellectually superior to everyone, you sure do lack a bit of common sense.

wtf.

Are we talking Huff here?

No sir. Trut.

I have a great deal of respect for him. Not sure why, but I do. We rarely agree on anything. I think it's his approach (philosophy) and his background. (Military)
(Not to mention his dad is a farmer/rancher.) and unlike some I disagree with (huff,Dink,Etc) he proposes his arguments in a non-combative way. Most like to be pricks.

Um, thanks? Jeez.

Just because I don't have a wife and kids, in no way, means I don't have responsibility. I still manage a few properties, directing services and hospitality concepts for my LLC, undergoing a rigorous craft cocktail apprenticeship, and will more than likely be returning to school for architecture in the Spring.

The lady in question is wrapping up her Masters and may resume travelling before starting her PhD next Fall. She's already seen most of Europe and stayed in hostiles, so I guess I'm unsure about your definition of slumming.

Rough major at UT. Not sure about the other UT.

Um, thanks? Jeez.

Just because I don't have a wife and kids, in no way, means I don't have responsibility. I still manage a few properties, directing services and hospitality concepts for my LLC, undergoing a rigorous craft cocktail apprenticeship, and will more than likely be returning to school for architecture in the Spring.

It was not a personal attack. You have posted many times of your adventures. I have no issue with that.

Simply stated the obvious difference between you to.

It was not a personal attack. You have posted many times of your adventures. I have no issue with that.

Simply stated the obvious difference between you to.

Sorry, but saying someone has "no responsibilities" is quite rude. It undermines their obligations as well as their accomplishments.

Reactions: 3 people
No sir. Trut.

I have a great deal of respect for him. Not sure why, but I do. We rarely agree on anything. I think it's his approach (philosophy) and his background. (Military)
(Not to mention his dad is a farmer/rancher.) and unlike some I disagree with (huff,Dink,Etc) he proposes his arguments in a non-combative way. Most like to be pricks.

Well, I merely reciprocate attitudes, so...

Sorry, but saying someone has "no responsibilities" is quite rude. It undermines their obligations as well as their accomplishments.

Your responsibilities at your current age, and mine at the same age, are quite different.

Sustainable Arch is rough no matter where you go. UT-A just has the best bang for your buck as far as credibility and resources offered.

How much of that is normal architecture studies (projects) verse LEED regulations/courses?

How much of that is normal architecture studies (projects) verse LEED regulations/courses?

As far as the program I'm looking into, it's still very much tied into rudimentary arch studies. I'm thinking LEED is more in the theoretical direction and usually accompanies the Master's program.

VN Store

Back