Millions of Illegal Aliens From All Over The World Head For U.S. Border

Federal Appeals Court Reverses Position, Allows Texas Floating Barrier to Remain​

1705626825447.png

EAGLE PASS, Texas — The State of Texas secured a rehearing before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit that will allow the floating buoy barrier installed in the Rio Grande to remain in place until the full court hears the case. The en banc court hearing will take place in May 2024 and reverses a prior ruling ordering the state to remove the barrier system.

Supreme Court Rules Border Agents Can Remove Razor Wire Erected by Texas​

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the federal government can remove razor wire erected on the U.S.-Mexico border by Texas law enforcement, which the government argued illegally prevented them from managing the border.

The 5-4 decision vacated an Appeals Court ruling last month that allowed the wire to stay amid a continued legal standoff over border jurisdiction.

Chief Justice John Roberts led the majority, alongside Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Amy Coney Barrett and Ketanji Brown Jackson, with the remaining justices in dissent.

The Supreme Court ruled Monday that the federal government can remove razor wire erected on the U.S.-Mexico border by Texas law enforcement, which the government argued illegally prevented them from managing the border.

The 5-4 decision vacated an Appeals Court ruling last month that allowed the wire to stay amid a continued legal standoff over border jurisdiction.

Chief Justice John Roberts led the majority, alongside Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan, Amy Coney Barrett and Ketanji Brown Jackson, with the remaining justices in dissent.

Sickening. The fix is in.

How? US code that makes it explicitly clear that any state legally can defend its borders if the US government is incapable or refuses to do so.

I haven't seen any code (haven't looked for it) saying such but typically boarder security and immigration is 100% under the purview of the federal government.

I haven't seen any code (haven't looked for it) saying such but typically boarder security and immigration is 100% under the purview of the federal government.
I have wondered if Texas could "forfeit" a strip of land along the border to the feds, erect and guard their own border shortly behind that. not that they ever would do that. but it would solve the international border issue and make it an internal state issue. maybe the strip of land is where all the transportation to "America" is facilitated.

Considering it’s an invasion, this applies.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Considering it’s an invasion, this applies.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

It's a real stretch to use that clause in this case. That's akin to the mouth breathers calling 1/6 an insurrection.

I look at it like this, I 100% believe in states rights and abhor the federals overstepping their constitutional bounds so when its a clear case of federal jurisdiction like border security and immigration you have to let them have it. Now, that doesn't mean a state has to allow the feds access to state lands/facilities or assist or participate in federally mandated futility.

Disappointing decision. Ever notice that conservatives will sometimes vote with the 3 liberals but those liberals always vote the same? They never leave each other's side

In my lifetime, if I have ever seen a ruling that sets up a civil war this is it. 25 states sided with Texas. Pretty much ohio and the south. Very concerning times.

Yes it is. I'm waiting for Biden to federalize the TX NG, that will either be a trigger or show TX is a steer.

Reactions: NEO

VN Store

Back