Milton opt out?

Does he really think he has an NFL career to protect? Hell, the best thing he can do for his NFL career is to have a bang-up game on national TV on New Year's Day. It might be the biggest game he'll ever play in. Not getting this

No sir, his best chance of getting drafted is to blow people's minds on pro day and at the combine. It only takes one team to fall in love with his measurables. If he misses those days because he gets injured, he's completely screwed.

I'd say the only thing that would prevent him from getting drafted would be getting injured in the bowl game or performing very poorly on the new version of the wunderlich test.

Pretty sorry if you ask me that a Starting QB opts out and quits on your team for the bowl game 5 days before the game. Yeah he or others are really VFLs!

You/we have no idea when the decision was made.

No sir, his best chance of getting drafted is to blow people's minds on pro day and at the combine. It only takes one team to fall in love with his measurables. If he misses those days because he gets injured, he's completely screwed.

I'd say the only thing that would prevent him from getting drafted would be getting injured in the bowl game or performing very poorly on the new version of the wunderlich test.
and he 100% will show out during the combine and pro day

Does he really think he has an NFL career to protect? Hell, the best thing he can do for his NFL career is to have a bang-up game on national TV on New Year's Day. It might be the biggest game he'll ever play in. Not getting this

With his arm, somebody will sign him with the hope of being able to reign it in.

I expected he would play to try to increase his draft stock. Sounds like he thinks he would be better off not playing and will focus on the combine. With the number of players opting out, seems like he is following the conventional wisdom.

The man is going to get drafted. Are you really that crazy to think he isn't

Players have to do what’s best for them and I wish Joe the best. I hope he goes on to NFL success and becomes a great ambassador to our program.

This is, however, the reason bowl games no longer mean anything. Why spend big money on games only to watch some of the best players from the season gone or not play? It’s meaningless. The only reason anyone is excited is to see the future Vol QB1 in action.

I live in the Pacific NW and we looked into flying to the game so my boys could finally see the Vols in person. If we had pulled the trigger we would have been in thousands for flights and hotel. I would have felt pretty disappointed given all the transfers and now this. Bad situation for the fans.

and some NFL franchise out there will look at him and go "I can fix him"
Like the old saying, you can't teach speed or arm strength.
Joe has plenty arm and if you watched the Titans game with Levis all the announcers talked about was Levis arm strength and slinging the ball even made a joke comment that all he does it look to bomb it down the field.
Some one will take a late round pick on him especially since he's shown signs of being able to run.
He does need to get with whoever worked with Jalen Hurts though.

Have to agree. It’s counterintuitive but not playing is usually better for middle of the pack QBs. They can show teams all the shiny parts of their game during Pro Day or at combine while working to polish the dull parts.

This has always confused me as what you see on the field is what you are starting with; I’d want to see that. Sure they think they can coach him up a bit but you can’t replicate decision making, throws under duress, and overall presence/leadership.

I guess the CBA protects teams a bit more given they aren’t in for much should they draft late or go the UFA route.

AR measurables got him drafted high. Joe won't go that high be I feel he'll get drafted some place.

Reactions: kell7517
The man is going to get drafted. Are you really that crazy to think he isn't
He might get drafted. I'm not ruling out that possibility but lower round draftpicks don't typically opt out. They try to improve their stock

unreal.. why wait so late
What do you mean? So wait leading up to the bowl or so late in the season?

For bowl prep, you'd rather give Iowa as much to prepare for as possible. If you can... you'd rather them spend most of their time preparing for Milton.

If you are referring to the season then two things. One, Milton was the guy prepared to give them the best chance to win. There was a huge gap in physical preparation to take the abuse. There was a huge gap in experience. And the most underappreciated thing a QB does... he simply knew how to manage the offense better.

Heupel used this time to let Nico prepare physically and mentally. We will now see if the investment worked. If Nico doesn't make a bunch of rookie mistakes then the answer will be "yes"... though many "fans" will proclaim that he should have been starting all along.

I think it is quite possible and maybe likely that part of the deal with Nico was that he would have some time to acclimate before being the starter. I think he expected not to have that immediate pressure and saw it as a positive.

VN Store

Back