Milton opt out?

It’s funny all the Joe Defenders. I’m tremendously happy he’s gone; but the guy dipped out early while the team stuck with him the whole dang way. Get over yourselves, Joe was a terrible QB. Great person, terrible player. Peace ✌️ out to all the players who quit.
Yep he was WAY overrated, But God forbid if you say something bad about him. All the Joe Worshippers will jump on you in Droves!!

It’s funny all the Joe Defenders. I’m tremendously happy he’s gone; but the guy dipped out early while the team stuck with him the whole dang way. Get over yourselves, Joe was a terrible QB. Great person, terrible player. Peace ✌️ out to all the players who quit.

Your IQ is low.

Joe has been a class act at Tennessee and I for one appreciate his dedication and hard work to this team. Go grab that golden ring big man and may you become the best of the best!

Nico, win, lose, or draw, you are the man for the foreseeable future and all of Volnation are excited to see you in action. Good Luck and let every snap of the ball be a learning experience to grow your confidence and build your stock for the future.

One would think Joe could use one more good game on his resume. Not sure how much true Draft prep he will miss out on playing one more game. Bowls except for the playoffs are becoming a joke with these Opt Outs.
Playing in this game can only hurt his stock. Senior bowl week and the NFL combine are where he can really elevate himself into the middle rounds of the draft. Some franchise will fall in love with his physical gifts and he will interview very well.

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this...I obviously would like to have Joe in for the experience as the more likely to get the dub, but I'm also excited to get to see the future of Tennessee football play a full game against a good defensive team...I just hope Nico plays lights out so we can all talk all off season about how he's gonna win the Heisman next year

Reactions: KHVol
OK so what do you guys say that's been wanting Joe gone if Nico goes 10-25 for 130 and 3 picks. Just asking

Good hope he don't let the door hit him in the A$$ on way out!! Milton was a Joke!!
He may not have been as consistent as Hooker, but Joe Milton stuck through the tough times and is all Vol. Stayed with the program after getting benched, came in and won us the orange bowl as a starting QB and helped us win some games this year. It was a pleasure rooting for him and I hope he sticks around the program. Good luck to him on making some $$$ in the NFL

Regardless of whether you agree with players opting out or not (for whatever reason), I think it's very selfish of them and I'm not happy with the coaches/conferences/NCAA allowing it. Finish what you started and do it for the team, university and fans, not for YOU. It shows loyalty, respect and integrity IMHO. I will never understand and agree with the mindsets of the younger generations. Just not the way I was brought up. My two cents!

I do wish Nico and the players who are showing up, all the best and will be rooting hard for them New Year's Day! #GBO

Players have to do what’s best for them and I wish Joe the best. I hope he goes on to NFL success and becomes a great ambassador to our program.

This is, however, the reason bowl games no longer mean anything. Why spend big money on games only to watch some of the best players from the season gone or not play? It’s meaningless. The only reason anyone is excited is to see the future Vol QB1 in action.

I live in the Pacific NW and we looked into flying to the game so my boys could finally see the Vols in person. If we had pulled the trigger we would have been in thousands for flights and hotel. I would have felt pretty disappointed given all the transfers and now this. Bad situation for the fans.
This bowl game is one of the most important ones in years.

To me to not have started Nico against Vandy and then literally have the start his first game against a team like Iowa is very questionable. Iowa has a good defense and their lb.'s are suburb . hell of a way to start off your collegiate career...if he goes off and puts up unreal numbers well then, you'd have to put him in Heisman consideration next year.... guess we'll see.....

OK so what do you guys say that's been wanting Joe gone if Nico goes 10-25 for 130 and 3 picks. Just asking

Of course I’d be disappointed but so what? It would point out the things that need improvement. I’d rather he play against a good defense like Iowa as opposed to a crappy one that has a lot of opt outs like UNC.

Regardless of whether you agree with players opting out or not (for whatever reason), I think it's very selfish of them and I'm not happy with the coaches/conferences/NCAA allowing it. Finish what you started and do it for the team, university and fans, not for YOU. It shows loyalty, respect and integrity IMHO. I will never understand and agree with the mindsets of the younger generations. Just not the way I was brought up. My two cents!

I do wish Nico and the players who are showing up, all the best and will be rooting hard for them New Year's Day! #GBO
I think Joe was encouraged by the coaching staff to opt out.

VN Store

Back